No Spark with Spout in

Have you tried plugging in a stock computer to see what happens?

I have a few other thoughts and/or questions. Full disclosure: I know very little about the PxS, so these may be way off base.

Does the type of ICM matter with the PxS? If so, are you sure you have the correct one? I don't remember all of the differences in the two types, but I know that how the spout signal is used is one of them.

Does the PxS allow you to tell it how many cylinders you have? If so, is it possibly set up for the wrong number of cylinders? Sometimes there are rpm windows where no spark is provided for safety reasons. If the cylinder settings are wrong it might prevent spark at cranking rpm. Not sure what the spout would have to do with that, but could be related to my first question. I've seen MSD boxes cause similar situations, but you said you tried bypassing it and it didn't change anything.

Does the tach read in either scenario?

Have you tried setting the advance in the PxS to zero? I don't think I can articulate my reasoning for asking this, but I'm thinking something along the lines of it being possible that if the advance is set to high the PxS could be getting the signals to open and close the coil circuit confused.
These are all questions I still have myself, just the perfect storm of possible small things. I'm at a dead end until the laptop gets fixed and I can't wait to look at the settings myself just to double check. I haven't tried my stock ecu yet but I really feel like this is a timing issue. Once I get the computer back and actually read the ins/outs of the tuner I'll have more info

When you get your laptop behaving and can connect with Tuner Studio dropping the tune file here will help. Ive had my truck sound like that when I had loaded the wrong tune and it wasn’t configured correctly.
Will do, they tell me 2 days but I may have to start from ground zero and learn the entire system from start and reupload it. It's probably best though since I should understand what this tuner can do and be able to use and play with it myself instead of relying on a 3rd party installer.

Break in the weather today so I tried to mess a bit with the truck. Quick question though...as I was using the piston stop and hand turning the motor to try and find TDC (per pimp forum advice) I started rotating the motor counter clockwise and the harmonic balancer bolt came loose. I'm very novice in my repair skills but that's not normal right? It shouldn't be that easy to break free or did I do something wrong. Next question, I need to set it to 95 FtLbs with locktite correct?

I think you have more than one problem. With the spout out I think you have a timing problem. If you have no spark with the spout in I think that's a separate problem.
Honestly with being side tracked on working on the few other things once i got it home I've never confirmed what he told me as far as no spark / spout issue and or weak spark.

Honestly with being side tracked on working on the few other things once i got it home I've never confirmed what he told me as far as no spark / spout issue and or weak spark.
Is there a reason you cannot put the stock computer back in to test?

Is there a reason you cannot put the stock computer back in to test?
By test, I assume you mean with a timing light? Because it ain't gonna run that combo that's in his signature!

The crank bolt being that loose means it was only torqued against compression. I don't locktite the bolt, but it does need to be torqued, which I've always done by holding against the flex plate. I've never heard of a 351w bolt backing out. Getting those things out, though, man, that can be an exercise.

Last edited:
The stock computer may not run it well, but it can't be any worse than what he's got now. If it starts and runs at all he'll know it's a PxS problem.

Depends on the injectors. Batch fire floods pretty easily.

Absolutely, if he is running some big injector and/or has repinned the injector harness then yeah it isn't gonna work. The sig does not mention any of that, but swapping in a set of 19's (if he's still batch wired) would at least get the thing to start or eliminate the Stinger unit or the tune as an issue.

I need to adjust my signature for more accurate info.

I have batch fire with 42lbs injectors

Got my laptop back and they actually saved the data! How do I post the tune I have running currently? I plan on diving into the tuner program but life keeps getting in the way but I'm going to try tonight to watch some videos do some reading and see what settings I currently have.

Got my laptop back and they actually saved the data! How do I post the tune I have running currently? I plan on diving into the tuner program but life keeps getting in the way but I'm going to try tonight to watch some videos do some reading and see what settings I currently have.
While your laptop is connected to your ECU, in TunerStudio go to File > Save Tune As and a window will open that allows you to select the save location and file name. Select a save location you can find later (Desktop is easy), name the file something descriptive like FMOSisslow), and click "Save".

Now you should have a tune file (yourfilename.msq) and datalog file (yourfilename.mlg) on your computer, you can now attach them to your forum post.

Welp this is going to be a nightmare I guess. Computer restored things I guess but I have no clue what I'm doing, no clue on where the "tune" files are or even what he named them..had to reinstall tunerstudio yet somehow its buried the original in a different location on the computer. It's like I'm starting from scratch with information that's been changed over and over again... absolutely no idea where to start here. Almost considering just dumping this and starting frome ground zero with something else.

Welp this is going to be a nightmare I guess. Computer restored things I guess but I have no clue what I'm doing, no clue on where the "tune" files are or even what he named them..had to reinstall tunerstudio yet somehow its buried the original in a different location on the computer. It's like I'm starting from scratch with information that's been changed over and over again... absolutely no idea where to start here. Almost considering just dumping this and starting frome ground zero with something else.

Just trying to help here and not being rude, but do you expect any other system to not have a learning curve? The Pimp stuff has directions included, and there's tons of Megasquirt information on the web. No matter what aftermarket EFI you choose you're going to have to learn to use your computer and the software that comes with it. **Or** take it to someone who already knows how and pay them.

Just trying to help here and not being rude, but do you expect any other system to not have a learning curve? The Pimp stuff has directions included, and there's tons of Megasquirt information on the web. No matter what aftermarket EFI you choose you're going to have to learn to use your computer and the software that comes with it. **Or** take it to someone who already knows how and pay them.
Not at all, I worded myself poorly..I meant just erase everything and start from scratch with my system. I can't afford to spend 3k on a holly or anything else lol! I just think I might need to start fresh like I just opened the box and I can track my information instead of picking up 3/4 in and full of issues. 1 thing "I think" I see is my injector size are incorrect in the fuel settings (listed as 24lb vs my 42lb) and I'm not sure if I should be set to 351ci or 408ci since it's rebuilt ... little things that I can't tell if they are old or were fixed.

Not at all, I worded myself poorly..I meant just erase everything and start from scratch with my system. I can't afford to spend 3k on a holly or anything else lol! I just think I might need to start fresh like I just opened the box and I can track my information instead of picking up 3/4 in and full of issues. 1 thing "I think" I see is my injector size are incorrect in the fuel settings (listed as 24lb vs my 42lb) and I'm not sure if I should be set to 351ci or 408ci since it's rebuilt ... little things that I can't tell if they are old or were fixed.

Ahhh gotcha, yeah start from scratch for sure especially with those mistakes in there. Who knows what else is hiding in that tune. You also need to be 100% accurate when entering information in, this isn't like tinkering with the old stock setup where you have to "fool" it. With this system you enter everything exactly like it is, so true injector size, true displacement, etc.

For sure, start from step 1 and work the problem after you have a solid base on the install. Like Raymond said there are some things that just can’t be wrong or they wreck stuff 4-5 steps ahead. When you get to a point where it finally starts and stays running you’ll celebrate.

Post everything you can thing of about your setup. Be specific. Injectors, sequential or batch, intended fuel pressure, ignition setup, displacement, cam card, O2 sensor type and setup, etc.

I can take a pretty good stab at getting you running, and then run things past Raymond for a second set of eyes. You may have to pull the ECU back out and take a picture of the internals so the jumper setup can be verified.

Like Raymond said, on these systems, there are none of the games we used to play by tricking injector sizes or displacement or anything else. The payback is that once you iron the wrinkles out, there's no more guesswork, and you can throw as radical a setup as you want at them and have it very drivable. There are growing pains, but once the tune is mature, things are much, much easier to live with.

Back