LightningFest-Joliet 2011

Could be cause the gen 2 guys are scared that vern will hand them there behind, at the line, lol.
There is nothing better than beating a gen 2 with a real Lightning, ahahaha:flamed:

Hey!!!
I resemble that remark! Not that I'm scared of Vern, but that I just can't seem to beat him. Came pretty close a couple times, maybe this year:)

Hey Will, we'll give it another go. I'm toying with the idea of running the Truck & Lightning class instead of (or in addition to) True Street. I've been running on a pro tree for the last year in Vamp at KCIR, so I'm starting to get used to it.

It'll be good to see you ILLNESS guys again, I always enjoy running (and partying) with you guys.

Could be cause the gen 2 guys are scared that vern will hand them there behind, at the line, lol.
There is nothing better than beating a gen 2 with a real Lightning, ahahaha:flamed:

ya the gen 2 lightnings in the nmra saw alot of gen 1 tail lights this past year mine and ray's

$2.00 a gallon jump in 5-6months???? I think if that happens Joliet will be the least of the budget problems!

Hey Will, we'll give it another go. I'm toying with the idea of running the Truck & Lightning class instead of (or in addition to) True Street. I've been running on a pro tree for the last year in Vamp at KCIR, so I'm starting to get used to it.

It'll be good to see you ILLNESS guys again, I always enjoy running (and partying) with you guys.

It's always a great time to hang out and race against you MKLO guys too!
Last year I took a motorcycle trip instead that weekend and I don't think any of the NLOC guys ran true street.
When I looked at the results, I think the winner in our class was off by .03 seconds (might have been even as bad as .30) where the year before you, Reddog, myself and Dave? were all duking it out down to .003 seconds :scared1:

well, i drove 700 last year, what's another 300 right? my F-350 got 13.8-14.2 mpg towing the Lightning to KC last year.

I saw that, I though OMG what blew up.

hahahaha. I was happy I was about 1/4 mile back and not racing diesels.

I was happy I was about 1/4 mile back and not racing diesels.

:laughing6:
This reminds me of when we were at NMRA / Joilet in 09 and a bunch of us were pilled in my Powerstroke on our way to Hooters. I'm sure Ed, Bobby and a few others remember that. :flamed:

Good Times
:ashamed:

This reminds me of when we were at NMRA / Joilet in 09 and a bunch of us were pilled in my Powerstroke on our way to Hooters. I'm sure Ed, Bobby and a few others remember that. :flamed:

Good Times

:eek:ldtu:

IMG_09821.JPG

Who remember's those poor guy I the White Lightning :?

Last edited:

Good Times

.....all we saw was teeth and soot :flamed:

Last edited:
:eek:ldtu:

IMG_09821.JPG

Who remember's those poor guy I the White Lightning :?

MMMMMM fresh diesel fumes!! If I remember right, it was Ross driving Keith's truck when he fumigated those Spanish fellows in the Lightning:scared1:

Funny thing is, I was driving Ross's white dually getting fumigated myself due to the fact Ross had us doing 360's and almost killed 5 of us with his driving skills. And yet he ended up driving Keith's rig after I kicked him out of his own truck :screwy:

Man I'm counting the days, Gonna be a Blast!!

LMAO, it only does that when I tell it to, which is not when the Lightning is behind me, only when Gumby or Giddy is.....

Kr has a h & s on it now....it rolls coal as well as eat 7.3,6.0,and cummaparts.and it got 15.1mpg towing other day.

Back