LightningFest-Joliet 2011

All right Boys and Girls,

Mark 23-26 June in your calenders. :eek:ldtu:
[*]The NLOC will sponsor a cookout for the Truck folks on Friday night. The cost is $12 for adults, children under 12 eat free.
...Dwight...

kinda doesn't sound right, sponsor a cook out then charge the guys. just saying, not stepping on toes

i guess i'm gonna have to get after it so i can bring the truck out

Last edited:
NOPE, the truck was pushed off the trailer, Eds magic couldnt fix it though, then was pushed back on again.
Get the facts strait, I tell yas.

FYI, anyone need to borrow race lines at the track, stroken95 is your guy!!

Thanks again Rob!!!;k

Bummer, I won't make it again this year:mad: That date is in the middle of the summer semester of college. I can't wait for the wife to get done with college ( May 2012 if things go right ). L-fest 2012 hurry up and get here.

Bummer, I won't make it again this year:mad: That date is in the middle of the summer semester of college. I can't wait for the wife to get done with college ( May 2012 if things go right ). L-fest 2012 hurry up and get here.

I'll tell you guys. For years I tried to go to a WFC. Finally one year I flew out to OKC and cruzed with my good buddies Jerry and Justin to WFC7. I had the time of my life. I to to finally put faces with names of my good friends like Jeff Sparkman, Ray Johnson, Dave Pickrel, Keith Blackburn, Mike James, etc. I couldn't wait to get my truck done and go race with them. Well WFC8 went by and I didn't go, WFC 9 went buy and I didn't go and then WFC10 (which was even closer) and again for some reason or another I didn't go. Well guess what. WFC is GONE and I can't ever go again. Don't just assume that next year will be there because it might not be. Again here is another race for me to want to go to. and again my truck isn't back together. I'm sure going to try my best to get it done and if I don't I'll do my best be there with no truck.

I know next year isn't a sure thing, I'm just hoping. I went to the first 4, then in '07 the wife was very pregant ( our first son was born 10-1-07 ) so we couldn't travel. '08 we didn't have vacation time / we couldn't get off work. '09 we flat out couldn't afford to go, wife's college classes were in the way & again the wife was pregant ( second son was born 12-9-09 ) and on a " no travel advised " mandate from her doctors. Finally last years came a couple weeks too late & the wife had already started her LPN year of college. Around here if you are lucky enough to get into the nursing program you better not miss a class. I was hoping this years would work out but as luck would have it we won't be making it due to schedule conflicts. College seems to trump fun everytime. Hopefully there will be an event in '12 & I'll be able to bring my newly certified RN with me along with my 2 boys.

I know next year isn't a sure thing, I'm just hoping. I went to the first 4, then in '07 the wife was very pregant ( our first son was born 10-1-07 ) so we couldn't travel. '08 we didn't have vacation time / we couldn't get off work. '09 we flat out couldn't afford to go, wife's college classes were in the way & again the wife was pregant ( second son was born 12-9-09 ) and on a " no travel advised " mandate from her doctors. Finally last years came a couple weeks too late & the wife had already started her LPN year of college. Around here if you are lucky enough to get into the nursing program you better not miss a class. I was hoping this years would work out but as luck would have it we won't be making it due to schedule conflicts. College seems to trump fun everytime. Hopefully there will be an event in '12 & I'll be able to bring my newly certified RN with me along with my 2 boys.

Sounds like a perfect year for a solo road trip! :D

I never made it out once last year, so this is gonna be the year. I had a great time at the 09 event in Joliet. Truck was about 95% done, but this time it should be totally done. My cousin really stepped up the engine/trans in his 79 also, so we'll be heading down there for sure:eek:ldtu:

It'll be great to put more faces on my NLOC buddies:eek:ldtu:

I never made it out once last year, so this is gonna be the year. I had a great time at the 09 event in Joliet. Truck was about 95% done, but this time it should be totally done. My cousin really stepped up the engine/trans in his 79 also, so we'll be heading down there for sure:eek:ldtu:

It'll be great to put more faces on my NLOC buddies:eek:ldtu:

Now it's a race for a ton of us to get our trucks Done in time. :eek:ldtu:

Back