LightningFest-Joliet 2011

I never made it out once last year, so this is gonna be the year. I had a great time at the 09 event in Joliet. Truck was about 95% done, but this time it should be totally done. My cousin really stepped up the engine/trans in his 79 also, so we'll be heading down there for sure:eek:ldtu:

It'll be great to put more faces on my NLOC buddies:eek:ldtu:

....you guys were great and your trucks were clean and cool!

I never made it out once last year, so this is gonna be the year. I had a great time at the 09 event in Joliet.

Same here Dustin,.....

Last year was kinda depressing. I went to spectate at one big event, but my Copper truck never came out of the garage in 2010.

I intend on changing that this year.

I look forward to seeing all my Lightning peeps again. :cool:

Road Trip!:chacha: Just need to sell the plan to the wife. :hide: I'm already on vaca that week, but I'm positive 1600 miles in the 'L' isn't appealing to her. ;m I'm gonna have to work in a side trip to the Second City to appease her... :) or.......(fill in the blank)
"Its 800 miles to Joliet, its night and I'm wearing sunglasses..."

Last edited:
Like Chitown Willie said I will be there. Bobby I will make sure to have Salsa for you. Last year I ran in the Lightning class with Ray and Jeff. Was planning on running in it again this year. It's not that much to join NMRA and if you buy any parts with there discounts you may come out ahead. The hardest thing is that Pro tree.

And sleep in the barn the rest of the year, are you nuts. My wife would kill me if I left her at home. I thinks she looks forward to L-fest more than me:heart:

But if she can't get off to go how can that be your fault??? :? I mean she wouldn't want you to miss it just because she couldn't go would she :heart:

:D

already started a new savings account....see you guys there

i'm going 100% what are the costs i need to get together

i'm bringing the truck and the Panty Dropping Neck Snapper 2000 possibly, truck for sure

dammit i'm stoked to meet everybody

Last edited:
But if she can't get off to go how can that be your fault??? :? I mean she wouldn't want you to miss it just because she couldn't go would she :heart:

:D

You haven't met my wife. While we were dating she said she would take the L if we ever broke up. Then she started crying when WE started the cam swap because she was afaird I wouldn't get the L put back together & running. She is always trying to figure out a way to get to drive the L in the summer instead of her Expedition.

i'm bringing the truck and the Panty Dropping Neck Snapper 2000 possibly, truck for sure

:scared1:

Some costs that I can remember from L-Fest 4:
Event fees $100 - $150
Hotel room 3 nights x $100 / roomates
Gas money $300 - $400
Food, including travel snacks $100 - $200 ( can be less if you don't eat out @ every meal )
Beer / Pop money for tailgating in hotel parking lot $10 ( Pop, under 21 ) - $50+ ( Good beer, over 21 )
Just in case money ( arrested, speeding ticket, mechanical problems, strippers... ) > than $200.

I'd stick aside atleast $1k for L-Fest. If you have people to split the cost of the hotel room & gas or drive the Honda, bring food, beverage, snacks from home & keep yourself out of trouble you could possible get by with $300 - $500.

i'm gonna do this for under a Gnote

i'm bringing my own food, and maybe we'll sleep in the truck or some crap lol

time to bring a tent!

i'm gonna get there this year, i am so excited whether or not i can get my best friend to go, i'm gonna be there

Guys, I really couldn't help but notice that Dwight posted the same thing up in the Gen1 and Gen2 forums. There are only 2 pages of responses on the Gen2 forum and 4 pages (twice the interest?) on the Gen1 forum. Interesting . . .

Guys, I really couldn't help but notice that Dwight posted the same thing up in the Gen1 and Gen2 forums. There are only 2 pages of responses on the Gen2 forum and 4 pages (twice the interest?) on the Gen1 forum. Interesting . . .

I'm not surprised Vern,most of the gen 2 peeps ran off to the "other" board.

Could be cause the gen 2 guys are scared that vern will hand them there behind, at the line, lol.
There is nothing better than beating a gen 2 with a real Lightning, ahahaha:flamed:

i'll see if i can work my magic and get the black truck ready to head out there. I only have about 500 more labor hours to go.

Back