Lets see those hot rod 92-96 F150s!

Not a F150 but it uses the same fenders and t-gate.LOL
1996 Crew cab 7.5L(460), 5 spd, approx 8" of lift, 325/65/18s on 18x10 raceline wheels, Banks Torque Tube headers,3" hi-flow cat/"3 20 series flowmaster/Full 3" exhaust, BBK throttle body, K&N, & Vortech SQ:D

View attachment 21530

I never knew Vortech made a supercharger kit for the 460. So sweet!

My 96 EB

I'm still working on blacking out the chrome pieces and currently building a new grille for it.
babymoons.jpg

Stock motor more or less except for that lovely K&N intake.
100729_NewKNcoldairintake.jpg

I just saw this thread and thought cool im not the only guy modding an f150 to run like the lightning. the only problem is i am not beating the vortec 350 right now. ive got a stout package and the vortec is pulling me hard at say 50-60 mph.hes running a 98 2500 2wd. my truck is a 95 4x4 shortbed. 351/e4od.i got heads,cam,headers. ford racing mass air conv. a lot of dough but no go....

I like the truck. I feel you may need a power adder to get good results with your truck being a 4wd with bigger tires. A turbo would be sweet but a good blower would be an easy upgrade. So what do you have the 572 in?

i ran the 572 in my mud race truck. stock 4-bolt block 4.5 x 4.5:grin1:roller cam bearings and the list goes on. ive been around the 4wd seen my whole life. wouldnt know how to act with that motor in a 2wd truck.

your tune must be waaayy off.you shouldn't have a problem with a vortec 350 with those mods! give us some details!

i get him out of the hole but he runs me down and i see taillights.:cr: ive got some world 180 iron heads,e-cam+4,bbk headers into factory y-pipe gutted cat. 3inch back exhaust. i do have a stupid air pump that pumps to no where.haha. i do have a full factory lightning intake coming i just bought off a guy. and am wanting to get the bassani y-pipe.maybe straighten the cam up some.

the guy with the vortec has had his valve covers off. says he just painted them. cant trust those bowtie boys.

the gt40 intake should help alot! stock 351w intakes suck!i'd swap that cam for a stage 1 tfs if possible.there's always more to be had from a tune as well!my 02 gt had a couple bolt-ons,programmer,and a 3200 pi converter.it was running 12.90's@104 ,i then put longtube headers on it and it slowed to 13.0's consistently.had it dyno tuned and went consistent 12.60's@107-109mph!

also 572 what gears do you have in the front and rear diff and what size are your tires. i know if you still run the stock 3.55 gears with a lot taller tire itll slow it down. Nice truck by the way i have a 96 F150 swb reg cab 4x4 with a 5.0

Heres my 96 F150:

Photo0095.jpg

0408091323.jpg

0201091257a.jpg

Photo0293.jpg

5.8L, Edelbrock intake, 56mm bbk throttle bodies, 1-1/2 Headers, PSD intercooler, Vortech V2, 12psi. ProM 80MM MAF, E4OD with the punisher VB.

Dana 60 swap up front, 14" of travel. Sterling 10.25" rear, 5.13 gears and a welded diff. And currently running 35s. :gl: Ive been dumping money into going fast instead of bigger tires this time. It has 3in rise, 3in flare front fenders, 3" bowed bedsides, and bobbed bed 9" off the back. Its my DD also.

UPDATE. ok so the truck finally got a bad miss.heres what i found and the only thing i can think of is either a faulty plug or somehow during the 3 times the headers were off i messed the plug up. It runs ALOT better. it has had a miss under heavy load in high gear.i am thinking its time for a rematch with that junk cheby...

I forgot to mention that the plug that is fouled has some obvious signs that its more than just the cylinder weak. like the porcelain.

Last edited:
UPDATE. ok so the truck finally got a bad miss.heres what i found and the only thing i can think of is either a faulty plug or somehow during the 3 times the headers were off i messed the plug up. It runs ALOT better. it has had a miss under heavy load in high gear.i am thinking its time for a rematch with that junk cheby...

I forgot to mention that the plug that is fouled has some obvious signs that its more than just the cylinder weak. like the porcelain.
Test your plug wires. I had a fouled plug like that and it was a poor connection at the crimp on end.

Howdy,
Thought I would add some pics of mine. Ain't rightly sure I would call her a "hot rod" yet, but it is a work in progress. First pic is basically the look when I purchased her. Second is stuck with 33" tires, 3.55 gears, and open diffs. Third is just after i put the 35" tires on. Fourth is playing in the same area as the second pic, but with 35's, 4.56 gears, lockers, and new tranny. Fourth is after new bumper installed. Since then I have done exhaust, JBG motor mounts, and Punisher Comp VB. Next up is a cam to go with the other mods. Any suggestions????

Heres my 96 F150:

Photo0095.jpg

0408091323.jpg

0201091257a.jpg

Photo0293.jpg

5.8L, Edelbrock intake, 56mm bbk throttle bodies, 1-1/2 Headers, PSD intercooler, Vortech V2, 12psi. ProM 80MM MAF, E4OD with the punisher VB.

Dana 60 swap up front, 14" of travel. Sterling 10.25" rear, 5.13 gears and a welded diff. And currently running 35s. :gl: Ive been dumping money into going fast instead of bigger tires this time. It has 3in rise, 3in flare front fenders, 3" bowed bedsides, and bobbed bed 9" off the back. Its my DD also.

I have the same front fenders to go on mine, just have to get home to install them. Have any pics of where you moved everything on the inner fenderwells to?

i made some 1-1/2" .120 wall tubing to support the fenders, and just started tying things off one by one. ill snap a pic next time i have the hood open. ;k

Back