JBA long tube headers.

Someone local to you would be getting a good deal! I would be all over it, if you were closer to me. I know, I need an exhaust system for my other lightning truck.

I removed the old headers today. Now to clean up.
e25e72b52a0385ee5147bb4a1334c42e.jpg

I haven’t test fit them yet. The passenger side has a smog tube in the way. I think I’m gonna pull the upper intake and plug the crossover and ditch the smog stuff. The drives side oil dipstick tube will need modified or adjusted. I need to address that stuff and decide on how I wanna route the exhaust and what mufflers I wanna use.

Headers both fit well. O2 sensors locations are not gonna work. I’m gonna plug them and put the O2 bungs in the header collector. Now I just need to remove the smog system and figure out the remainder of the exhaust. Oh and figure out if I can use my stock oil dipstick or not?

The cheap Hedmans we put on the 93 fit good but those look like they could be OEM. Here's my makeshift dipstick mod.
hedmanleft.jpg

Looking good!! Of course we're going to need a video of how it sounds when you you get it all buttoned up!

That could be a while. I doubt I’ll touch it much till after the holidays are over. I removed all my smog stuff and have a ford racing eliminator. I noticed the pulley is much smaller so there’s that now, lol! I did start it up with open headers and it was rowdy!

- - - Updated - - -

The cheap Hedmans we put on the 93 fit good but those look like they could be OEM. Here's my makeshift dipstick mod.
View attachment 39739
I almost bought Hedman but couldn’t get them with primary’s larger than 1.5”. I still almost bought them though.

have a ford racing eliminator. I noticed the pulley is much smaller so there’s that now.

That’s why Tommy and I had ASP make us a smog pump eliminator with a pulley the same size as the factory smog pump. Not to mention the Ford one always seemed to look like the pulley was on an angle.

The passenger header is touching the lower frame rail. I didn’t notice until I crawled under to figure out O2 bung placement. I decided to pull headers off and put bungs in them rather than the collector adapters. I need to grind about a 1/4” x 2” piece off the frame. So these headers do touch the frame slightly on the passenger side and the bungs they welded on are not useable for our trucks. Small potatoes really.

My truck hasn’t ran in a while. I ended up taking it apart some. Hopefully in the next week or so I get it running and get the exhaust on it. I have a few things to clean and paint and it’s still too cold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back