JBA long tube headers.

There's not enough of a runner length change to make any difference on these engines that is noticeable in anyway. The heat transfer thing isn't a lot of concern either. The air isn't in the intake long enough to absorb any real heat either. The only reason for me at all is clearance for valve covers, And I have changed my mind on the ones I was going to use.

From past experience, I recommend one stud in one of the front holes. Trying to get the intake over 4 studs without scratching the mating surface is a pain. But that one stud makes a huge difference in getting the intake and gasket aligned. I pull the stud out after I get the other bolts started.

It's not something most people do very often, though, so in the end, it's not a big deal.

Personally, the only thing I think spacers are good for are taller valve covers or other valvetrain access without having to remove the upper. I think they were useful for carbs when there was fuel in the carb itself, but I don't think they're worth anything on port injection power-wise. After driving a basically stock truck again for about a thousand miles, I can say I think the last thing it needs is more torque and less revs. Plus you've added one more mating surface that just makes for one more place for a misalignment to cause turbulence.

Unless it's this spacer:
nos-13210nos_w.jpg

Educate me on this spacer. Never seen that before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Red 93 # 48. V-3,6.87 lower and 3.15 upper pulleys. 12:1. Vortech FMU. 255
Walbro in-line fuel pump. MSD6btm ignition. Screamin coil, ngk tr6 gap.037.
Bassani shorty headers, and off-road mid pipe. Smog delete pulley. Flex-a-lite 420 e-fan, with struckby harness. PunisherVB.

It's an NOS Big Shot GT40 plate. It's basically a bolt-in, direct-port, wet nitrous system that's been embedded in a phenolic spacer. It starts at 150 horsepower.

Beautiful engine; and nice exhaust setup!

I had the chance to buy a Lightning intake 15 years ago; but the seller wanted $500 for it; and it was fairly crusty. Shoulda bought it and cleaned it up as I love the way those intakes look over the aftermarket offerings.

Back