Its official, MiLOC vs the world drag race!!!!!

Some of us are going up the night before & staying at th Edmore Inn. I think they were trying to get another group together to come up the day of the race. Check out the new MiLOC board for more info, alot of us are migrating over there. ;)

I think those of us staying Friday will go to the track together in the AM. ANd some are staying Saturday after the race, so they may caravan home together Sunday.

I may try and make it out with my '02 Z28. I'm a little worried I might break the rear end though, and a 150 mile tow cannot be cheap! I wouldn't mind a new personal best, though! :D

For those asking about traction - I was just there in my '94 convertible for a track rental back on 10/5. I cut a couple of 1.69 60's and a 1.68. The rest were low 1.7's. It usually pulls 1.75 - 1.8 on slicks. That is the only time I've ever cut a 1.6x and I've run the car at every track within 3 hours of Detroit including several trips to Norwalk.

Hello everyone! I just learned of this event over on
www.svtperformance.com. HIGHROLLER and SOAP told me about this. I also know Lightning Jeff, I've known him for a few years now. I just attended the Dana days his dad does every year, I went four rounds and red lighted, duh!
All I have is a lowly little old Mustang GT, can I come and play?

I read all 11 pages of this thread, but I either missed something or I'm just confused.
How is this going to be structured?
Where would I fit in?
.500 tree?
I'm kinda new to this, so can you guys fill me in on how this is going to work?

Thanks,

Matt.

Come on out. We've hammered most of the details out on the other MiLoc site & I don't want to misquote anything so I'll suggest you look there. www.miloc.org

rdy2rac with (Katy)

cook01vert said:
How is this going to be structured?
Where would I fit in?
.500 tree?
I'm kinda new to this, so can you guys fill me in on how this is going to work?

Thanks,

Matt.

Hey Matt glad to see you came over here.........I am pretty sure it will be a sportsman's .500 tree.

--Joe

Hi Joe!
I just e-mailed miloc.org, who gets that over ther I don't know, but anyways I asked if I could come and what the cost was going to be.
I really would like to come, but can I?
Will my name be on the registration list and can I pay at the gate?
What's the cost now?
Is is going to be brackets or what?

Just don't laugh at my s l o w little GT, OK.

Matt.

cook01vert said:
Hi Joe!
I just e-mailed miloc.org, who gets that over ther I don't know, but anyways I asked if I could come and what the cost was going to be.
I really would like to come, but can I?
Will my name be on the registration list and can I pay at the gate?
What's the cost now?
Is is going to be brackets or what?

Just don't laugh at my s l o w little GT, OK.

Matt.

I would never laugh at your Stang :tu:

Chuck gets those emails, he will fill you in on all the info you need. There is bracket racing and T&T in the morning until like noon. There is a post on the MiLOC forum where it is all broken down but I can't find it right now. Trust me you can go, and yes you can pay at the gates. I think is it like $40 right now but that may get cheaper the more poeple that go.

Here ya go......... http://www.miloc.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=157

--Joe

Matt, welcome! I dont think I received your e-mail, so Ill try to answer your questions. Yes you can come (and a 13.49 stang isnt slow!!). Yes as President of the MiLOC, I am supposed to get those e-mails when everything works right. Cost is $40, you can pay at the gate. The only reserved spot are for those who pre-paid, but Im sure everyone who comes will get in.

We will run a .500 Sportsman tree and a Pro-Comp style, .10 breakout bracket race. T&T will be from 10 am until 12:30am, run as often as you can. 1-? will be the race and if we finish early, T&T will reopen. If we exceed our break even point the cost to race WILL NOT decrease, but we will put most of the money back out as prize money!! We will keep a small percentage for our club (if there is any left). I hope I answered all your questions.

Oh and you will need a DOT approved helmet, a DS loop under 12.99 OR if you run slicks. A roll bar, fire jacket and DS loop are required on all cars under 12.00.

lightngsvt said:
Dont forget your 5 point harness, fire jacket and DS loop to go with that bar, Joe! ;)

If you are going to strictly inforce those rules I know of a few 03 Cobra's who won't be going now :( ;m

--Joe

I agree with Joe if they are enforcing these rules that if you run a 11.99 or faster you need a rollcage and fire jacket my friend and myself will not make the trip:bm: Both of us most likely will see a 11 second pass if the wind is not to bad.:db:We have to drive over 21/2 hours just to get there,can you call the track and ask them how lenient they will be if there are a few high 11 second passes that take place!Thanks!

Matt

gee, I <cough, cough> had no idea <cough cough> my car would run 11's. Must have been <cough cough> a fluke <cough cough>I'm sure it wont <cough cough> happen next time.;p

Chuck.......when we went last weekend they never said anything to those guys and they ran like 4 11.80-11.99 passes.

They did say something when HAVEIGHT turned on the bottle on his way to a 11.6 @ 128 ;p

--Joe

We will follow the rules that they tell us too (cough...bribe...cough). Once you get past tech, it is up to the track and not us to enforce whatever rules they see fit! If they let it go at T&T, then 99% chance theyll it go for us too. But if you get the boot, dont blame me! From talking to them, it doesnt sound like that will be a problem. They seem to have pretty relaxed "rules" from what I could gather!

(my opinions to follow) Also keep in mind that these are SAFTEY rules!! They are designed to keep you safe, or possibly save your life in an accident. They are designed to protect both you and the other driver and spectators! I dont think people are cautious enough when it comes to safety equipment. Im as guilty as the next guy of balking at spending money on safety gear and sure it sucks to spend $2000 on a cage. But if I hit a wall at 115mph and walk away, Ill sure be glad I spent that money!

Last edited:
speaking of safety stuff, does anyone have an extra helmet I could borrow for the day? Is that going to be enforced for the 13's? I forgot my helmet in the U.P.;m Thanks- Brian

if they were going to be strickt they would of told you snell 95 or above approved. thats what my track enforces dot apporoved means nothing to them.

kevin

Back