Its official, MiLOC vs the world drag race!!!!!

lightngsvt

3rd engine in 50 miles!!!
I Support the NLOC
I received confirmation today on the track rental!! We have Stanton (Mid Michigan Motorplex) on October 19th from 10am - 3pm!!:db: The price to race will be $40 and may be increase to $45 if demand is limited (between 40 and 50 cars, runs will be basically UNLIMITED). The track will be fully staffed and fully prepped and there will even be a conscesion stand open at lunch time.

I would lilke to invite all of you guys and your buddies to come out, as I would like to see 70 vehicles attend! All makes and models are welcome at this event!! Everyone is welcome, the only catch is everyone will have to race for a club. So if your F-body friends come they will have to race for LS1.com (for example, assuming they are represented). The Dakota R/T club seems anxious to join us, one of the Vette clubs has shown some interest and some of the 454SS guys want to come and play as well! :db: :tu: Just remember this is FRIENDLY competition to see which internet club is the best.

Open test and tune runs will be from 10am - 12:30 or 1pm (depending on numbers of cars) and the race will run from 1pm until finished. If there is anytime left afterwards the track will be reopened for test and tune runs.

Prizes will be: :eek: :eek:

Cash prizes:

60 entrants= $150 1st, $50 2nd
70 entrants= $200 1st, $100 2nd, $50 3rd & 4th
80 entrants= $300 1st, $150 2nd, $50 3rd & 4th
100 entrants= $500 1st, $250 2nd, $75 3rd & 4th

trophies for each of the following:

first place, winner
second place, runner up
Fastest ET of the day
Quickest MPH of the day
Slowest vehicle.

***All participiants will be required to submit the $40 entrance fee at least 2 weeks before the date of the race.*** Im going to start another thread as a list of those who are FOR SURE attending. Make checks out to cash or Charles Palfi, as the MiLOC does not have its own bank account. I will hold the checks until the first week of October before cashing them. You can mail to:

MiLOC- Race
7666 Henley Drive
Ypsilanti Township, MI 48197

I'm also going to need at least 2 volunteers to help out. Id like someone to co-host this event, we'll need someone at the gate to sign in racers and who knows what else... This should be a blast! I cant wait!

Last edited:
Awesome..........Way to go Chuck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My check is on the way.

--Joe :db: :db: :db:

Chainsaw, I edited my original post and added that info. But since the MiLOC isnt registered as a business, or have its own bank account (its account has been my wallet) the checks need to be made out to cash, or Charles Palfi. I will hold them until the first week of October before cashing them.

Well, my check for the $40 is signed, sealed and just waiting for a stamp and it'll be in the mail. Thanks for setting this up Chuck. :tu:

Bob

PS. BTW, what kind of pizza do you like? :D :D

Bob, you only need to send me $10 for a deposit. But if the whole $40 is easier.... I wont cash it until about 1 week before the event.

* Just a reminder * please invite all your friends to join us, this will be a great event at an awesome track!!! I want to see 70 vehicles show up to race on Oct. 19th! We have 9 so far, only 61 to go. :tu:

Also, I would like to hear suggestions on how we can promote this event to others to get those 70, or even more cars?

Please do Bob! IF we could get at least $5 deposits from them, that would be great too!

Im gonna post this to the SVTOA and see how many of them will come. So already it looks like we will have representation from MiLOC, SVTOA, FME, 454SS.com and the Dakota R/T club!! :db:

Rob & Katy, please budget $40 to race your truck. Thanks!:tu:

Last edited:
After "talks" with a MiLOC member, I have decided to add cash prizes to the MiLOC event! :db: :db: :db: :db: Please see my original, editied post for amounts and details. And get ALL your car buddies to come to this event!!!:tu: :tu: :tu:

Chuck, I sent off a note to the guy who heads up the FME Drag Racing Chairman, Jeff Boulton. Hopefully we'll hear from him soon.

Bob

Back