Introducing my 1994 pole barn find!

Thanks for clarifying. Ha! It doesn't stay like that for long. I am sure, I fascinate my neighbor with my ability especially that I am deaf and with all I do around the house/yard.

It has been a crazy few months.....I made one simple small mistake when I removed my upper intake to change the injectors and put back the intake.. really has cost me hundrreeeeeddsssss of dollars.... for a rookie mechanic like me. What matters the most right now.... My truck is finally running and driving under it's own power.

I was fighting the damn throttle body, the entire time> I did the timing, tps, iac and all.... when... the simple mistake was simply "ME" , re-routing the vacuum lines improperly. I routed one of the coolant line into the MAP sensor......... :/ hence why nothing could run right or idle properly!

MANY MANY MANY thanks to Jason Smith and Joseph Jones for trying to help out. They gave me plenty of good guidance and JJ finally cleaned up my mess at his shop.

93c9457723d836e3e9cd10b146238c95.jpg
https://vimeo.com/170501411

Now its time for some suspension upgrade... I stole this list from IVSIS's " New Attitude" thread but I am not going the same route as he is. I will be doing:

Rear suspension:

DJM 4" drop hangers and shackles
All new Energy Suspension leaf bushings out back
adjustable Drop shocks

Front:
3" DJM Dream Beams
Bilstein shocks
New Energy Suspension bushings up front
recommended sway bar flip with f350 endlinks?
New Moog sway bar bushings
New Moog Radius arm bushings

While my truck was down... I scored a '99 reps in 20in that has peeling chrome, 275/40 and 315/35 ( tires are not mount on yet) ... I cant hardly wait to get it on the truck after i powder coat it or polish it up. I haven't decided yet. I wire brush one of the wheels. The chrome came out nicely.
58cb8b58b1281fd0a313bf097381dc5a.jpg

803d026b97dcc7064520c9563ded63c3.jpg

90af4748473a4363aa766a7cd44dc81b.jpg

I ordered new power stroke bumper, bumper strips and new valance from LMC. I hope the fitment wont be that bad. I need to find a body shop to paint my bumper and i may need a new driver fender. I have a small nick and its at an area where its hard to fix.

I also...pick up a mustang novi2000, aeromotive fuel lines,..... so... I did plan on flipping the intake to make this work but... I may sell my kit and go rear mount turbo.. that I have been wanting to do for awhile but my novi2000 needs to be sold first.

Man this has been a long battle to get the truck running. Glad you stuck with it. Looks good and I'm sure will be quick with whatever blower set up you end up with.

Way to go Francis! I've been pulling for you.
Now, save the money when you drop the front. Your original endlinks will work perfectly when you reverse the swaybar plate and swap the links right to left. Droppedf100 and Belltech's instructions get the credit for this. Reference Joe's pics in my thread you mentioned.

Thanks for the kind word guys! It was worth fighting the non running battle... i am sure glad i didn’t sell the lightning.

Thnaks for pointing me the right direction, Jim. I will be doing some part/model number and pricing research tomorrow. I can’t wait to get the suspension daily in

Your neighbors hate you ...

I was thinking more on accounta the friggin salvage yard you've apparently got going.

This made me LOL...

I ordered the 03-04 20in reps from sportmachines. I am having a bit of fitment issues as expected since our lug pattern is different but what makes it so difficult at the moment is. The gen2 is having a fitment issue with the play and they had to add inserts. The issue here is that I wouldnt need the inserts since it end up being in my favor but there is still a slight play when you arent tightening the lugs. I dont like that...... I want it to fit properly with no play and tighten my lugs with the f250 20x1/2 lugs. Otherwise! I am in loveee with it! I will make it work.

i am not lowered yet and yes, this truck is not on the ground yet either due to the fuel pumps issues I am having. I couldnt get any pressures to my engine from the tanks and apparently the 255lph pumps were the issues......

I am running 275/40r20 and 315/35r20 tires from BMW x5 that are used but nearly new.

View attachment 33882

Sorry if I missed it but what happened to these?

Thanks for the kind word guys! It was worth fighting the non running battle... i am sure glad i didn’t sell the lightning.

Thnaks for pointing me the right direction, Jim. I will be doing some part/model number and pricing research tomorrow. I can’t wait to get the suspension daily in

Can't wait for updated pics of the suspension.... Excellent progress, I just hope i'm not too far behind you!!!!

The sports machine 20in 03-04 reps end up being sold after my first engine build took a bad turn.... My debt was so far up because I wanted to finish the truck so bad last summer.... and I was in the process of buying a house. I had to clean out my debt to have a clean credit score. So i had to sell what I could... and I end up getting a “salvage yard” house ;) I wouldn’t change that. Now the lightning has a garage!

Fortunately, there will be more 20in 03-04 batch made. I may get other one or opt to use my ’99 20in reps since they are pretty rare nowadays.

I will keep you tuned in once the suspension comes in! I end up getting a part truck that I am parting out. I got all the little missing pieces I needed for the truck. The truck is slowly envolving.

Back