Introducing my 1994 pole barn find!

I am going to be putting the motor together within two weeks or next month.

I could use some advice and help. I have done hourssss of researches on this site and a lot of different opinion... different combo... Sorry this may end up a little long

For now. I am going N/A but definitely going to add vortech down the road.

I will be ordering
-complete engine rebuilding gasket
-buying used twisted wedge heads 202/194 valves
-Already got the Ford Racing Mass Air kit with ecu but no meter or injectors yet...:) last week
-I am thinking since it is N/A- I will start with 30lbs injectors and meter that is caliratered for 30lbs??? I do have 90mm lightning meter lying around that iam holding for when i go vortech and will upgrade to 42lbs injectors.
- CAM ( That s where I am struggling.... a lot of people has recommend different ones, tried what was lying around or whatever..... I have a buddy with F303 cam but I am getting mix reviews.. It seems like couple of people are recommending people to go XFI?
-Crane Cams Pedestal Mount To Stud Mount Rocker Arm Conversion Kit??
-1.7 roller rocker
-SMOG/EGR delete??
-E-FAN or mark8 fan
-MSD-6AL
-electric water pump but i cant really justify the price? is it worth it going that route? I might just keep the fan
-underdrive pulley?
-CAI-
-obviously bump the timing
--1996 f250 distributor
- DOES MY VALVE SPRING needs to be upgraded? I am getting mix review from this site as well. I dont race much really but I do plan to go vortech for the giggle of it.

Anything else I am missing that i should add or change while the engine is torn down? BTW- i want to note.. i still have the lightning heads that is ported by previous owner... I am not sure, if I should retain it or just go twisted wedge.

Thanks in advance for your help and for this amazing site!

I would go with the XFI cam it has great reviews in fact that is the way I'll be going. As far as valve springs, I would check to see what's on the heads to see if they are compatible, installed height, seat pressure and definitely check piston to valve clearance.

I have a Comp extreme energy XE274HR hyd roller that will work perfect for your combo and have a nice idle. I went 13.3 with a stock converter.

I have been going back n forth... back n forth... back and fortthhhhhhh with a lot of people, my personal side mechanic....Okay... I pulled the trigger... I purchased a d2 procharger 351w complete kit, TFW heads, 1.6 roller rocker and 1995 cobra 5.0 "GT" cam..... Lets seee how that goes... Now, I am about to order some stall and valve body. I am unsure between PI or circle D.. I know those stall are to go for either way! along with the punisher's valve body. Yes, I am staying speed density for now. I will go mass air.. as soon as my wallet can breathe again!

I concur LOL... I originally was going to simply put it back on the road... then... I have great friendsss around here that keeps needing the money and convincing me to go fast.....faster.. and fassssterrrrrr! So... I guess, I went built! I guess, I need to move my thread into other section or make a new one.

9ec1735458d233da3b99d2034b56a864.jpg
9e4f62211c8ec72ac146a2d59ef6c0fa.jpg
10c15ca9dc72c5d75e73ccd727299da0.jpg
b11a11f336a92bcf65663f8b375cc989.jpg

What intake and throttle body did you go with your supercharger application? I am thinking of TFS-R with 80mm

Wow... i really havent updated this page... I made the procharger work :) Now my mechanic is in the process of removing the 255lph out of the pumps which was unsuccessful. I am putting 190lph back in and using struckby 255lph inline with the 3 pump trick.

View attachment 33880
View attachment 33879

Last edited:
03-04 sportmachine wheels on gen1

I ordered the 03-04 20in reps from sportmachines. I am having a bit of fitment issues as expected since our lug pattern is different but what makes it so difficult at the moment is. The gen2 is having a fitment issue with the play and they had to add inserts. The issue here is that I wouldnt need the inserts since it end up being in my favor but there is still a slight play when you arent tightening the lugs. I dont like that...... I want it to fit properly with no play and tighten my lugs with the f250 20x1/2 lugs. Otherwise! I am in loveee with it! I will make it work.

i am not lowered yet and yes, this truck is not on the ground yet either due to the fuel pumps issues I am having. I couldnt get any pressures to my engine from the tanks and apparently the 255lph pumps were the issues......

I am running 275/40r20 and 315/35r20 tires from BMW x5 that are used but nearly new.

View attachment 33883
View attachment 33882
View attachment 33881
View attachment 33884

Well.. Hello again... The truck didnt go as planned... I couldnt get compression and I cldnt get the full story from the guy who did my motor build. Basically.. it cldnt get compression from the "shaved pistons" work he did... and i found a grinding wear on one of the rod while parting out the goodies to get most of my money back. I dumped 15k at the time... I have reclaim most of my money back.. so what a relief.... Admittedly... there was time I wanted to sell the truck and just buy something running.... I just cldnt do it... I found a low mileage $110k motor from a guy in NJ.

The grind in the rod
View attachment 35134

The "new" old 110k mileage motor. It was surprisingly in good shape. When i tore it apart and refresh it.
View attachment 35132
View attachment 35133

I yanked the old motor out and moved over as much goodies as I could. I am going to stay simple with my truck for now by staying speed density. I just want the truck running to help me finish up my new house project. This while yanking out the motor. I had lighting issues in my garage and end up installing new LED light shop.. boy! my garage sure looks bright and got addicted to a new forum. ( garagejournal.com) lordy... they sure build neat stuff and clean garage! I am definitely going to remodel my garage LOL

Anyway.. a little bit of what has happened and what I have explained... for your viewing pleasure and my future record/reference. I always like to go back and be amazed what i went through in couple years.

I ordered new Bassani exhaust and scored a equal length bassani header after i stupidly sold my old hooker equal length with the stock gt40 intake from the 110k mileage motor since I will be using the trickflow intakes.

View attachment 35135View attachment 35136

I seem to have maxiumize my use with the pictures.. and am using tapatalk

Yanked out the old engine... there lies the beautiful circle-d converter
8c0ffda50f390e1aeae11546eb980347.jpg

The shaved block all torned apart
3be111e794bdd7208edb5848eda82cc8.jpg

The "new motor" with new timing chain, new timing cover and water pump and the trickflow bottom intake installed.
005ec59c8404036c8b9c6b80ccb6ab46.jpg

Here is the garage with the lame light... before I installed the LED shop lights
793ec315f059e4f243e34210f8265a2d.jpg

New light system installed.. now i am able to work more efficiently and..... longer into the night.. LOL
23ed31e9c6fd07954f7a28beb45e53f3.jpg

All dirty.... wanting... to be driven and on the road....but happy in its home above the shop light.
fafc8430b224575fdea20cbba3ec8fd3.jpg

Last edited:
Update: THE TRUCK IS UP AND RUNNINGGGGGGGG.. I still have to tweak it and put all the brackets on. I deleted the A/C and the smog for my procharger to work. I am missing a lot of bolts...... somewhereeee....

So I will be ordering bolts. I am not sure.. if I shld just opt for smog delete pulley and a/c delete bracket or put the a/c back on. I will upload a video of the truck running.... but its pretty high and on open header with no exhaust on it right now but it will be installed

https://vimeo.com/149170641

UPDATE: It was a beautiful day on Saturday! I sure got a lot done and my truck moving under its own power for the first time in I don’t know how many years since it was sitting for a while when I purchased the truck over a year ago. I want to thank Jason Smith for texting me back and forth, chasing down little bits. He has been a BIG ASSET!

https://vimeo.com/156254537

While it was nice out. I replaced the fuel pumps on my other gen1, swap seats from my 94 after shampooing the carpet.. so I can have the center seat on my 94, and the 95 has center console now. Lol. Cheap way to get a center seat!

901f86e500895360147b0350f0c5d33f.jpg

b7df742f07bc18f94e3b28429b580bf7.jpg

975ce7935982906c3d3088f79031c584.jpg

However, I still have bits to do… a little there and there but overall… it’s a good progress… Once I get it in the condition, I feel comfortable driving in it again. It will be supercharger time… I can’t let the P-circle 258 2,800 stall.. go to a waste. It did shift well! As it is… I was amazed how smooth and how much power it felt without really accelerating it when I was driving it around my street.

Left to do on my red gen1:
-replace the 19lbs injectors. I seem to have a stuck injectors hence why I have white smoke coming out of my exhaust. I hope that it is what it is.. then whew, it is going to be an easy fix with my TFS-R intake versus the gt40 intake which is a b*tch to get the injectors out without taking the upper intake off.
-Re-do the SMOG plug with better bolts in the back of the heads. I seem to see some exhaust leak from there.
- Probably pull out the trans… I see my main seal between the engine and trans leaking oil… arghh I put in a used motor and forgot to replace the main seal. I had one on my other block that didn’t go well… so I completely forgot to install a new one before I put the motor back in….
-wire up struckby electric fan wiring into my mark 8 fan
-fix some sensors in my engine, so my gauges can read how hot my oil and coolant is.
-install new carpet, I just ordered from LMR
-install back seats…
-install new glove department locking mechanism
-install proper wheels eh!

hahaha because it is LOUD? ( I wouldnt really know, I am deaf LOL) If so.. wow... I was going to but in a cat-less mid-pipe but decided against it or because I have stuff all over my yard??

Back