Indy Lightnings IRP

.036 is a bit big in my opinion, especially as you throw mods at it. I'd start with the gap no larger than .030 so that there's some room for wear.

(I bet that's not what you wanted to hear)

I didn't go. I'm still getting high on exhaust fumes in my garage trying to get the stupid tune dialed in. What a PITA!! I get it "lined out" and then suddenly it goes stupid. And it changes pretty dramatically between when it's in gear and when it's in neutral. It's making me crazy!!! :mad:

I'm running out of time...

On the plus side, it doesn't leak anymore.

So, who all is going to the WFC in St Louis 5/13-5/15?

Last edited:
The Suds in Greenwood on a Saturday evening would be excellent.

Did you get my PM on the intercooler cleaning gasket/bolts parts list Phil?

Bob

Yes I did, thanks. Now its a matter of finding them for a good price and getting it done. $125 bucks I might think about making sure the oil seperator is working after a few more miles still before I do it.

Hi new guys. Are any of you the silver one I keep seeing in Carmel?

Speedin: Tuesday was see a HD day. 01(?) dsg in Carmel, 00 in Noblesville, and a black 01-03 on 465 NW side.

If we don't go to the PU car show we should goto suds on Sat.

Ummmm... you guys are aware they're predicting rain and SNOW on Saturday and Sunday, right? :eek:

We could still get together and do something. Hooters or BW3s? Or, it's cold weather, I could do a last-of-the-season Gumbo and we could watch Bob and Dan crash into the wall at Laguna Seca again? ;)

Heh, I just had a funny idea for a chapter name. "Lightnings Of INdiana."

Hmmm... If we let Bob hang around with us, we'll need something other than Lightning in the title, right? ;)

olefafl said:
Hi new guys. Are any of you the silver one I keep seeing in Carmel?

Speedin: Tuesday was see a HD day. 01(?) dsg in Carmel, 00 in Noblesville, and a black 01-03 on 465 NW side.

If we don't go to the PU car show we should goto suds on Sat.

I live off 82nd and Allisonville.........

Morpheus said:
Another Northern guy...am I the only one on the Southside of Indy?

;) I will hold the southern front.

Eposy(?) is on the south side. Not sure how far south. He has an Red 03 with a black hard cover.

ole,

red 03 with black cover? That describes a truck I have seen doing work where I work. WHat kind of job is he in do you know? This truck has 03/04 wheels a black cover with a spoiler on the back.

I managed to drive the truck about 7-8 miles yesterday and it didn't stall or backfire once, so I'm getting closer. ;) If weather permits, I'll definitely be at IRP both Tuesday and Thursday.

Based on fuel consumption, 58% throttle and 7 lbs of boost made over 700 hp at 4600 rpms... :eek: I didn't rev it any higher.

Last edited:
Back