Indy Lightnings IRP

Sorry I didn't make it over tonight Jeff, this barn thing went WAY later than I thought it would.. We were hanging loft joices after the sun went down... I've already told the boss we're getting out quite a bit earlier tommorow, so if it's a decent hour I'll give ya a call and drop by

I might come down to watch her maiden voyage.. It was nice stopping by Jeff's place even though it was a very abbreviated visit..

Us boy's were tuckered out after another solid 9 hr's of barn building.. I look like a stickin lobster...atleast the money was good :)

I don't think I'll have the truck ready for Tuesday. This thing is like wrestling an octopus - especially since it's a first time. I took me over 3.5 hours yesterday just to get the turbo hung back on the stupid thing correctly.

I'm down to minor stuff (radiator back in, valve covers on, check all the fittings and fasteners), but I still need to run the cam in and tune it... so Tuesday night is very iffy.

thats cool, im thinking it would be rather hard for me to come to indy twice in three days. so ill definately shoot for thursday.

I will probably come spectate Thursday. It looks like Tuesday is going to be rained out anyway.

If you think IRP is bad for traction I was at Edgewater, in Cincinati, on Friday all of my 60' times were 2.1 or higher. That and there were easily 3X as many cars there so I only got 3 runs. They even make you line up out of the groove on the starting line to try to preserve it for the slick cars. Basically wasted 15 bucks there, oh well. See you Thursday.

LUCAS OIL TEST AND TUNE INFORMATION

On Thursday April 14th IRP will hold a test and tune prior to the Lucas Oil Drag race. The test and tune will take place from 12:00 P. M. until 8:00 P. M. Cost will be $100.00 per car.

You may NOT want to run on Thursday, $100.00 per car.

yea really, what are they doing passing out cocaine at the track. are you sure they arent paying you to run for 100 bucks.

Maybe, just maybe they will prep the track. For a 100 bucks the whole thing had better be like 2 weeks old Jolly Rancher in the console.

Well, it's not three frowny faces bad, Curt!

I won't be running Tuesday or Thursday. Apparently, Bosch injectors are shorter from the electrical connection to the top o-ring than Seimens are. And man, do those fuel pumps move a lot of fuel!

I need to order some new injectors. I *MAY* just put the 85s back in it to run in the cam.

"For a 100 bucks the whole thing had better be like 2 weeks old Jolly Rancher in the console."

LOL.. you got that right.

I thought you put a hole somewhere it shouldn't have been.

For a $100.00 you better be able to hotlap it, with out it taking 45 minutes tree to tree.

So, this Thursday is not a normal TnT? They used to have $100 TnT days at Sacramento Raceway. They were GREAT for tuning. Not a lot of participants, and lots of time. I made 27 passes one time without trying hard. ;)

The consensus seems to be that instead of the injectors not going far enough into the rail, they're not going far enough into the manifold and then fuel pressure is pushing the injector out of the rail. So, I'm going to slot the mounting brackets a little tonight and we'll see what that buys me.

It's alive!! Ran it in last night. There's an oil leak somewhere in the front of the motor - looks like it may be weeping out of a bolted connection. So, I'll retorque everything tonight and see if that stops the dripping.

I have a bit of tuning work to do, though...

Back