Home of the Lightning----November 2003 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome SVT, GREAT to have you here. Hope you stay and are not put of with so many questions. If you can I am sure I am not alone in wanting to forward a big congrats to the guys and girls that build these top of the line trucks :D

Welcome aboard Pat! So are there any warranty/repair statistics for vehicles built on Mondays vs. Fridays, etc? Does your experience support the old legend that vehicles assembled Tuesdays through Thursdays generally hold up better? :hh:

How many days does it take to assemble a Lightning, from start to finish, anyway?

SVT, It was great speaking with you yesterday. Glad you are here to answer questions! Great to see some pics of the plant.

Man, somebody got to flog it before it even leaves Canada!

Check out the speedo and tach

keith cornett said:
hey svt i was at the dealer today to order a 2004 lightning and they tolded me they stop production on all svt

Ford to Drop SVT Models

SVT PROGRAM UPDATE

Purpose

The following information is being provided to help dealers plan their 2004MY (model year) SVT sales strategies.

Background

The recent introduction of the new F-150 and the upcoming replacement of the Mustang have generated inquiries from customers and dealers regarding plans for SVT derivatives of these new models.

SVT Product Cycle Plan

2004MY will be the last year of production for the current generation of SVT products, including the Cobra, Lightning and SVT Focus. 2004MY production of all three products will end during the second quarter of the 2004 calendar year. There will be no 2005MY versions of the Cobra, Lightning or SVT Focus. The rollout of the next generation SVT Mustang Cobra and SVT F-150 Lightning will begin with the 2006MY. At this time there are no plans to introduce a replacement for the SVT Focus. Information on the 2006MY SVT products will be released at a later date.

SVT Dealer Program

Although there will be no SVT vehicles produced for the 2005MY, the SVT dealer program will be in place and operational to meet service and other needs of current SVT customers. Dealers will continue to receive SVT support, including the SVT InfoCenter (1-800-FORD-SVT), www.svt.ford.com and merchandising materials. The SVT Premium Service program and the SVT Owners Association will remain operational, and SVT will continue to maintain a presence at enthusiast events. Information on dealer enrollment for the 2006 MY SVT program will be communicated at a later date.

Standard Launch Timing

The SVT versions of the next generation products are on a standard development and launch timing plan—they have not been delayed. The actual timing of SVT derivatives is driven by the timing of the vehicle programs on which they are based. The timing of the 2006MY SVT products is consistent with past practice.

Future SVT Programs

The level of unique engineering and content in SVT vehicles has been increasing virtually every year since SVT was created. Indeed, the change to new platforms and assembly facilities for the new F-150 and Mustang will make these programs the largest and most complex in SVT's history. However, these outstanding new platforms will provide the opportunity to enhance not only the performance, but also the quality, craftsmanship, and overall refinement of the SVT product lineup. This, along with the unique expertise SVT has developed in over ten years of operation, will ensure the next generation of SVT products will be the most exciting ever, and will continue to dominate the performance landscape for many years to come.

We encourage you to share this information with your sales and service teams and with your SVT customers. If you have any questions, please contact the SVT InfoCenter at 1-800-367-3788 (1-800-FORD-SVT). However, please remember that that we are unable to release any information on 2006MY SVT products at this time.

Hey svt!

Its great to see a member of the Ford team that actually builds "our" trucks come out here and share some of what goes on on the inside. I realize that a lot happens in the evolution of a vehicle before it gets to the assembly line, but if the people who actually build the things don't take some pride in their work, then the end product will show it one way or another.

You and all of the people that made this awesome and historic vehicle a reality oughtta be very proud. I for one am very grateful. :hail:

And as a Canadian, I've always felt a bit of pride that the Lightning has been built at the Ontario plant, and lucky to own one (only about 250 a year sold in Canada I think.) :sfca: :db: :sfca: But, I don't forget where they really come from (I've kept an American flag on my dash board since the day I bought it....:sfus:

Anyway, when the Gen 3's come along the new team at the Dearborn plant has some big shoes to fill.

In the meantime, thanks for building mine! :tu::tu::tu::tu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back