Home of the Lightning----November 2003 Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for being a great rep for us, Pat! :tu:

Will you guys be building the new Lightning when it starts up? Any word on that? :db:

Hey MaxPower;
We will not be building the Gen.3 lightning when it starts up. The new plant that is being constructed as we speak in Dearborn, Michigan is where the new Gen.3 lightning will be built.

Thanks Pat

Pat, thats great that you are answering all these questions for us. Thank you.:tu:

When will the current production of the 04 L stop and do you know if you will be producing an 05 Gen2 model until Dearborn is ready for production on the Gen3?

Photo Gallery...........Website...........Modifications

siggf1.gif

Have a great day eh!!___________________Dave.

Hey Rich B.
We do not dyno any f-150 truck including lightnings. What we do is roll-test all our f-150's. The roll-test machine looks just like a chassis dyno but instead of rollers only under the rear wheels there are rollers that spin the front wheels as well. (for 4by4 tests). All lightnings go thru a series of diagnostic tests, brake tests, noise level tests, etc. Unfortunately, horsepower and torque #'s aren't part of any test that I've ever seen.

Thanks Pat

Pat,

Welcome to the board!

Thank you for taking the time to answer all of these questions.:tu:

Jake...

Hey Dave;
Our build of Gen2.--2004 lightnings will end the beginning of
May 2004. We in Ontario truck will not be building any Gen.2--2005 lightnings. I'm almost positive the Gen.2' lightning build will come to an end come May 2004.

Thanks Pat

Hey KIRST8404;
You had to go and ask what I do!!! Let's just say I am a Ford employee. I'd rather talk about my ride. What I have is a 1951 Ford Vicky(Victoria) street rod with you guessed it a 5.4 Lightning drivetrain(motor/tranny) with a 9 inch detroit locker rear axle. The body has been channelled, air ride suspension and alot of body modifications. The motor is totally stock. I plan on just adding a
6 lb pulley and diablo chip for some extra ponies. I figure with these upgrades plus the fact the car weighs in at 3100lbs. the car should run into the 11's. What do you think???

Thanks Pat

svt said:
Hey KIRST8404;
You had to go and ask what I do!!! Let's just say I am a Ford employee. I'd rather talk about my ride. What I have is a 1951 Ford Vicky(Victoria) street rod with you guessed it a 5.4 Lightning drivetrain(motor/tranny) with a 9 inch detroit locker rear axle. The body has been channelled, air ride suspension and alot of body modifications. The motor is totally stock. I plan on just adding a
6 lb pulley and diablo chip for some extra ponies. I figure with these upgrades plus the fact the car weighs in at 3100lbs. the car should run into the 11's. What do you think???

Thanks Pat

AWESOME!

That's one SCHWEEET ride you've got going!!!:3g:

Any pix??

Pat, welcome to the board. No questions at this time. I will say that before this truck, I've never owned a truck. I've owned an 85GT, 88 5.0, 90 LX 7up, 94 GTcvt, 95 GT, 98GTa, 01 GT, 97 Cobra, 96 Contour SE, 98 SVT Contour, 92 SHO, 93 SHO, 90 35th SC, 89 XR7 SC, and an 02 Escape v6. This is by far the best of the lot. I do miss the Cobra, SVT Contour, and the XR7, but the L just does everything I need. Basically I've had this truck for 3 years and I will never part with it. Not even for an '03 Cobra. I'll eventually buy an '03, but I'll keep my L.:tu:

Hey KIRST8404;
I'll get some pic's and throw them on this website very soon. If you want an idea of what mine looks like log onto www.strangemotion.com. then click on gallery. The 51 Vicky they built is very much like the one I'm building except mine is a little lower to ground.

Thanks Pat

WOW i never saw one before, i think thats really cool. must be with a lightning motor in it. cant wait to see it. good luck!!!

thanks for your reply :) wishful on the yellow L

maybe another plant did the yellow & orange f-150's for the conversion company who makes the boss 5.4's ( http://www.lawest.com/boss/index.htm )

Welcome to the board, and thanks for all the little tid-bits of info ;w

Re: Home of the lightning

svt said:
Hey Lightning Enthusiasts;

I work at the Ontario truck plant in Oakville,Ontario Canada, home of the lightning. From 1999 thru to the present we're the only plant that have ever built gen.2 lightnings. If anyone has any assembly plant production questions feel free to ask. If I don't know the answer I'll find someone in the plant that does know the answer.

So long,Pat

Pat you are a brave man comming on here and inviting everyone to ask you questions.:tug:
I can safley say that you guys didnt assemble my truck.:D
Long story.
47b3da32b3127cce9615345af6690000003510

47b3d735b3127cce8e39ef3023200000003510

You guys need to slip up and put out a few fleetsides.:tu:

Hey SVT, do you have any pics from inside the plant, assembly line or anything they will allow you to post?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back