Home of the Lightning--January 2004 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil In the intake boot and throttle body

Don't know if guys have have asked this question already. There are a lot of threads about the oil that gets into the air intake boot/pipe/TB and plenum and whether or not this is a bad thing. All sorts of kits are being sold to "remedy" the situation. Is it really a concern?

Re: Oil In the intake boot and throttle body

White Lightning 01 said:
Don't know if guys have have asked this question already. There are a lot of threads about the oil that gets into the air intake boot/pipe/TB and plenum and whether or not this is a bad thing. All sorts of kits are being sold to "remedy" the situation. Is it really a concern?

I with him.

Oil

Oil in the intake is a common thing in many modern vehicles, whether they are normally aspirated or not. Although many are concerned, it doesn't do a damn thing and in our case it lubricates the rotors in the blower. In any case, I'll let SVT answer this for himself.

It is disappointing that so much "junk" is being sold for our vehicles that really don't do a darn thing for performance and sometimes may even hinder it. I don't think that you need examples. ( plasma booster, hot air filters, water pumps, some exhaust, fans and the list goes on...)

Red:mad:

hey svt i need to know what is the name an the code for the 2001 ford lightning i need to purchase one

Please Explain;

I'm not sure what exactly your looking for. Do you want a serial # code, an ECU code an engine code? Can you clarify please.

Later SVT

Hey danoid5631
Sorry I don't know the answer to your question. Someone out there must have the answer.

Later SVT

Hey Suavy;
The last thing I remember I needed clarification on was what area of the engine vacuums you wanted a diagram of? Let me know.

Later SVT

Brenton said:
hey svt i need to know what is the name an the code for the 2001 ford lightning i need to purchase one

don't they put a sticker showing this code on the passenger door jam? (CUX1 is a '01 code though)

Hey SVT so how long have your been with the SVT side of ford, And are you getting laid off or RElocated ? B\c with your Knowledge of these truck you could start your own tuning shop :)

Hey Spoolen;
It may look like I know alot about these lightnings but keep in mind the answers I provide alot of the times are answers I got from engineers,co-workers and other guys who work in the plant. I'm learning alot myself. Anyhow as for your other question, since the SVT GEN 2's began production in our plant in 1998 I've taken a special interest in them. There is not per say a SVT group in our plant. Those groups are all in Detroit. And for your last question myself along with hopefully 90% of the guys are going to be re-located to the Freestar plant which is literally next door.

Later SVT

Hey Brenton;
I'm trying to get you an answer on the pcm codes. A couple of these guys are right because we typically have pcm's re-calibrated with new parameters every 4-6 months which means your lightning may have 1 of the 2 codes that the guys on this thread have thrown at you. If your an early 2001 you'll have 1 code if your late 2001 you'll have another.
Later SVT

SVT, the info I would like to have was for the vacuum hoses on the right side of the super charger. There is a bracket that has a few sensors on it that have vacuum lines to them. I run a proto type MP blower and do not have a boost by pass system.

Suavy

I'm hoping to buy a Lightning here in the next week or two. I would like to get a 99-up. A couple quick questions:

Other then the intercooler, and seat belt latch, are there any recalls I should be aware of?

How bad is it if it has high miles, and what would be considered high miles? (in other words do they blow up at high mileage)

What are lowering shackles? are they the same as springs?

Anything specific I should look for while I'm looking/driving the trucks?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Trey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back