Home of the Lightning--January 2004 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
svt,i was wondering why my 03L moves slighty forward when u crank it .is it a problem or not im not used to these new computer controled trans. might be normal.my buddys 01 does same thing he asked me if mine did it but i did`nt notice it tell the other day.THANKS

I have an off the wall question... why does my pass side rear wheel sit further towards the outer edge of the wheelwell than the drivers side wheel does? Its a pretty noticeable difference actually... Looks like the bed is on straight, so I dont think thats it.

Hey KCinAZ

I just went out and looked at a half dozen Lightnings. I got to be honest I can't see any difference between the left and right side when it comes to wheel to box wheel well alignments. The one way you can try to adjust it is loosen off the rear bumper brackets (the side to side ones) and loosen the box bolts(all 6 of them) then try to shift the bumper and box over until it lines up. It should work. That's the only thing I can suggest.
Later SVT

KCinAZ said:
I have an off the wall question... why does my pass side rear wheel sit further towards the outer edge of the wheelwell than the drivers side wheel does? Its a pretty noticeable difference actually... Looks like the bed is on straight, so I dont think thats it.

my '04 L is same way, looks like drivers side is tucked under further than pass side, but bed looks to be centered

TX SVT LIGHTNING said:
my '04 L is same way, looks like drivers side is tucked under further than pass side, but bed looks to be centered

Its a common problem on all F150s and not Specific to the Lightning, However I would be interested if the Factory can explain this. Ford Engineers, Ford Tech,Ford Hotline nor Upper Management were able to explain. We simply walked the Lot and noticed that 4 outta 10 trucks had the same problem.

my question is about the temperature sensor for the outside temp reading. where is this unit located...i notice that on extremely cold nights when i start the truck is reads higher then the actual temp ouside then will drop to the real temp after a few minutes. also...is it located in an area that direct sunlight in the summer will make it read very high?

maybe someone else can answer this but...windchill is a index that takes into consideration the temp and wind speed and how it "feels" on human skin. if you are driving in 20 degree weather doing 60 mph...can a temperature sensor pick up a colder reading from the wind, sorta like a windchill factor, or is windchill only sumthing humans can feel?

GetBlown5.4 said:
my question is about the temperature sensor for the outside temp reading. where is this unit located...i notice that on extremely cold nights when i start the truck is reads higher then the actual temp outside then will drop to the real temp after a few minutes. also...is it located in an area that direct sunlight in the summer will make it read very high?

maybe someone else can answer this but...windchill is a index that takes into consideration the temp and wind speed and how it "feels" on human skin. if you are driving in 20 degree weather doing 60 mph...can a temperature sensor pick up a colder reading from the wind, sorta like a windchill factor, or is windchill only something humans can feel?

its in front of the radiator. if you take off that black plastic piece that covers the gap between the front grill and the radiator support.....its under there.

edit.....and yea windchill is only for ppl and i guess animals heh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back