Heading in right direction?

Thank you, hopefully not too much longer and it will be going to get painted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, I just purchased the same valve covers but black & the 1” intake spacer. Do they make those headers with 1 3/4” primaries?

Yeah I love these valve covers and I really wanted the black ones but I used these cause I had them laying around, and I believe they do make these headers in the inch and 3/4 tubes but I’m not sure they just bolt on like these do. I don’t know anyone who’s tried yet lol

Yeah I love these valve covers and I really wanted the black ones but I used these cause I had them laying around, and I believe they do make these headers in the inch and 3/4 tubes but I’m not sure they just bolt on like these do. I don’t know anyone who’s tried yet lol

If I remember right, I read a post stating you have to notch the frame just a bit to get 1 3/4 to fit.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yeah I thought I might have scrolled upon that too, I just wasn’t sure, I’ve read so may post on here just trying to build the best possible lightning I can with the helpful advice and knowledge of everyone on here.

Anyone know how many quarts of gear oil these 8.8 takes? I’ve read 2 online, but I’ve put 3 and a bottle of friction modifier in after I put my new ford racing cover on and I’ve read that you fill it till it comes out the factory fill hole but I’m still getting nothing

Anyone know how many quarts of gear oil these 8.8 takes? I’ve read 2 online, but I’ve put 3 and a bottle of friction modifier in after I put my new ford racing cover on and I’ve read that you fill it till it comes out the factory fill hole but I’m still getting nothing

ford service manual says 5.5 pints/2.6 liters/2.75 quarts approx. and fluid level should be 1/4" to 9/16" below bottom of filler hole with vehicle sitting in a level position.

These trucks don’t run without the o2 sensor plugged in right? Only reason I asked is when mine got hit by that train and drug onto a tow truck it ripped up my transmission harness, so I would completely have to re wire the harness, I have another harness for a e4od but I see that the o2 harness is lightning specific. At this point I was just trying to fire the truck up for the first time in almost 2 years but wasn’t sure if I could do it without the o2 plugged in. Any help would be appreciated.

So it’s ok to fire it not hooked up but best to hook it up when I start driving it for best a/f ratio?

These trucks don’t run without the o2 sensor plugged in right? Only reason I asked is when mine got hit by that train and drug onto a tow truck it ripped up my transmission harness, so I would completely have to re wire the harness, I have another harness for a e4od but I see that the o2 harness is lightning specific. At this point I was just trying to fire the truck up for the first time in almost 2 years but wasn’t sure if I could do it without the o2 plugged in. Any help would be appreciated.

Wait! This truck got hit by a train? Wow, that’s quite a project to take on.

Hope everyone got out okay, and good luck with the rebuild.

Yes it has been a crazy couple years building this, I was inside passed out from drinking too much when it happened, my buddy told me he could drive me home I guess he had to much to drink too, he got it stuck on a rail road track and left me in the truck to go get help, I walked away without a scratch, it’s a miracle, doctors said because I was unconscious I didn’t tense up or I could have been seriously hurt. The conductor said he hit me doing about 45 miles an hour It’s a shame it was really a nice truck before hand, but I’m trying to keep my head up because I think I will only love it more now that I’ve gone through with everything I’ve wanted to do with it, the frame was actually bend beyond repair so it’s been a project moving everything to a new frame and starting from scratch, then to add insult to injury a couple months later I let a different friend borrow my f100 and he gets into an accident with it, I can’t win lol lessons learned, here’s some pics of the train accident and the truck before hand
db2eaa748bb26743778888f414f44c63.jpg
d8e1dbf42436eb69ff9c0aaf136fe435.jpg
6d4a81e89b8b4908b6a233395b52cd5c.jpg
e08392af706ec17203068e62b783512a.jpg

At least your ok....it doesn't look that bad considering it was hit by a train doing 45.... I was expecting it to be folded in half like a suit case....

I’m only saving it cause you won’t sell me your truck Brian lol just messing around, but yes I had to save it, I got this truck from a real close friend of mine, so it has a lot of sentimental value and I could never scrap a lightning I’m a huge blue oval guy and I love these trucks and always wanted one, had to keep it with my collection of 4 Mavericks, a f100, and my 63 econoline, wow now that I think of it no wonder the lightning ain’t done I got to many projects lol and yes sir thank you, I am glad to be ok, the conductor said he seen me on the tracks and was doing 55 he said he slowed to 45 by the time he hit me but I’m sure if he hit me at 55 it might have been folded in half and I probably wouldn’t be here, I guess Lightning’s are as tough as advertised, and I love mine I would never sell it

Back