Gen 1 66mm Single Build

Downpipe and wastegate figured out and tacked in place. Had a fit welding the gate piping. Should have welded the hard to reach spots with it off and then welded to the primaries. What do you guys think of the gate placement? I'm liking...hopefully get some good boost control.

That's as far as the DP is going in steel. Switching to alum at a v band flange.

Last edited:
Looks great, what made you reroute in the exhaust?

Ive heard from a few tuners that you lose a little hp when you dump it back into the down pipe, it disrupts the flow a little bit. But that's only hear say, you ask 5 people the same question and get 5 different answers.

^^ I'm trying to keep this thing a little quiet/civilized for cruising with the Wife. And my car has an open dump on the WG so I'm curious to hear the sound difference.

Makes sense, Ive only ever heard v6s and 4 cylinders with open dumps and they were pretty rowdy sounding in boost. Cant wait to hear mine.
I debated running an aluminum exhaust on mine, but it was going to cost a small fortune in 5".
what muffler were you planning on if at all?

Open gate here. 50mm progate. You definitely know when it lets loose. I've scared the heck out of people beside me.

Yeah the car is a great sleeper. It's still column shifted with a bench seat too. Been well into 9s. He will be in ocmd too.

Exhaust ready to be welded,air intake set up. Battery mount moved to the right side of the cross member. Also removed the tape from the IC pipes and got them tacked and ready to be welded for good.

[URL=http://s77.photobucket.com/user/Briansshop/media/Lightning%20Turbo%20Build/20150411_122945_zpsdkrxlnlt.jpg.html]
20150411_123826_zps6odh025p.jpg~original
[/URL]

Last edited:
Looks really good. I have one small suggestion though. It looks like you kept the ac intact. With the dumps on my truck at about the same location as yours I can smell exhaust when idling at a light with the ac or heat on. I want to do tailpipes over the rear for that reason but being low is a pain and it will be a tight fit I'm assuming. But again everything looks great you did a really nice job on the layout of all of it. Hope it makes some nice streetable power too once it's all buttoned up.

I hear ya Joe. I'd like to have tail pipes on it from a sound standpoint, but didn't feel like dealing with it ATM. Might split it and run two 3" tails, or if if sounds good,leave it.

Back