Fun Ford Weekend.........Commerce GA

Whats up guys just a GLOC guy here with a few questions about ffw in the advertisement I didnt see any drag racing classes or prices or anything just wondering if i could get some info on that. Im like 15 20 minutes from commerce and Im definatly going to attend the event. :bout:

here is some info that I pulled from there..........hope it helps.

SCHEDULED EVENT HOURS (Subject to change without notice)

Friday, April 11, 2003
Open Gates...10:00am
Vendor Setup, Pit Parking, Tech Inspection...10:00am-4:00pm
Tech Inspection...10:00am-4:00pm
Test & Tune (Optional, additional charge)...10:00am-4:00pm
Showdown Qualifying (Round 1)...4:00pm
Track Closed...6pm

Saturday, April 12, 2003
Open Gates...7:00am
Participant Registration...8:00am-12:00pm
Tech Inspection...8:00am-12:00pm
Time Trials...9:00am-11:30am
Gallop for Gold (Optional)...11:30am
Showdown Qualifying (Round 2)...12:00pm
Begin Bracket Eliminations...1:00pm
True Street Cruise...2:00pm
Showdown Qualifying (Round 3)...2:00pm
Car Show Judging...2:00pm
True Street Elimination Runs...3:30pm
Car Show Awards Presentations...4:00pm
Showdown Eliminations (Rd 1, all classes with 32 or more entries - Optional)...5:00pm
Track Closed...7:00pm

Sunday, April 13, 2003
Open Gates...8:00am
RFC Services...8:30am
Participant Registration...8:00am-11:00am
Tech Inspection (Bracket Classes)...8:00am-11:00am
Time Trials...9:00am-11:00am
True Street Awards Presentations...10:00am
Begin Showdown Eliminations...11:00am
Begin Bracket Classes Eliminations...12:00pm
Car Show Judging...2:00pm
Car Show Awards Presentation...4:00pm
Track Closed...6:00pm

SPECTATORS & CREW

Saturday $20
Sunday $20
Both Days $35

COMMERCIAL VENDORS

Rulebook Advertisers $150
All other vendors (Paid in Advance) $200
All other vendors (Pay at gate) $300
(30' x 20' space, includes 2 event passes - advanced entry required, space is limited)

Last edited:
more about the Racing.

JDM Ford Truck Challenge

Reserved for Ford factory production pick-up trucks. Non pick-up trucks or SUV's prohibited. Bracket style, Full (.500) Sportsman Tree, handicap start eliminations. One tenth (1/10) breakout cushion in effect. Deep staging permitted (must have DEEP clearly legible on front and side windows). Burn outs across starting line prohibited. All-run field, minimum of one (1) qualifying pass mandatory. Minimum of 14.99 elapsed time required for qualification. Class designation T/T followed by AAP number.

REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS
ENGINE:

Any Ford power plant permitted. Any modifications permitted.

FUEL
Any AAP approved fuel permitted.

FUEL SYSTEM
Fuel cell permitted.

NITROUS OXIDE
Properly mounted nitrous oxide system permitted on any vehicle.

SUPERCHARGERS / TURBOCHARGERS
Single or dual superchargers or turbochargers permitted on any vehicle.

DRIVE TRAIN:

CLUTCH, TRANSMISSION, REAR END
Any drive train permitted. Neutral safety switch required for automatic transmissions.

BRAKES & SUSPENSION:

BRAKES
Four wheel brakes required.

STEERING
Steering must be from the driver's side (left side) only.

SUSPENSION
Any suspension system permitted. Springs and shocks required for each wheel. Solid mount suspension prohibited.

FRAME:

BALLAST
Permitted. Must be properly mounted.

FRAME
Any type frame permitted.

TIRES & WHEELS:

TIRES & WHEELS
Any tires or wheels permitted.

INTERIOR:

UPHOLSTERY
Full interior not required.

BODY:

BODY
Any year or type Ford pick-up truck permitted. Any modifications to body permitted. Pick-up beds must be stock width and length for body used. Mazda pick-up trucks, open wheel or roadsters prohibited.

DOORS
Must have fully functional doors and must be operable from inside and outside.

SPOILERS
Aftermarket spoilers permitted.

STREET EQUIPMENT
Not required.

WINDSHIELD / WINDOWS
Light weight, shatter proof replacements permitted.

ELECTRICAL:

BATTERY
Maximum of two batteries permitted.

DELAY BOXES / DEVICES
Any device that aids in achieving a pre-arranged or programmed elapsed time, or starting line aid, or timer device, or stutter box, or RPM limiter (other than a high RPM chip) is prohibited and may not be installed on the vehicle at any time during the event, even if running in a bracket class where such devices are permitted. Other than line-loc, trans brake or two-step type of device, no other bracket racing aids permitted. Trans brake wiring must consist of a single (one wire) continuous wire from power source to switch or button and a single continuous wire from switch or button to the trans brake. Wire must be separate from all other wiring and fully visible.

SUPPORT GROUP:

FIRE EXTINGUISHER SYSTEM
Recommended.

TOW VEHICLES
Not permitted.

DRIVER:

CREDENTIALS
MUST MEET HOST TRACK'S SANCTIONING BODY (NHRA / IHRA) REQUIREMENTS. Permanent AAP numbers required.

DRIVER
Must be on left side of vehicle in conventional location. All applicable safety equipment required.

SANCTIONING BODY RULEBOOKS
All participants must be familiar with and abide by all rules, regulations and procedures defined in the appropriate sanctioning body's Official Rulebooks affiliated with the host track (IHRA or NHRA), and also any and all applicable SFI Specs, which are made part of the Rulebook.

WEIGHTS / DISPLACEMENTS:

No minimum weight requirements.

What's up fellows. I'm Kevin. Me and some of my friends go to FFW every year and we have been staying at the HoJo. Their rates are good and there is always a great burnout contest in the parking lot at night. I'm the only one in the group with a 2nd gen Lighting. I've got a few mods done to it but I think I'm going to talk to Dave in NC about a flip chip.

Bad news guys, my 1 year wedding anniversary is that weekend and my wife and I have already planned to go out of town that weekend. There will be plenty of other event and I plan on making them!!

Dave:tu:

Hey Dave sometimes ya just gotta ask yourself "Whats more important my wife or my Lightning". Just Kidding. Dont tell her I said that.;Y :D At least this will be one time that I dont get outrun by you.:tug: ;Y :D

I probaly will not be able to go this time,but who knows.I've been several times and actually won cashola and prizes ,made some new friends and learned some new things.The track hooks well and FFW and Atl dragway are both well run .JDM last time had a section in the pit area for just lightnings.Ford racing was ther last year as well.I recommend Holiday Inn express and Sonnys Barbecue! They sell race gas at the citgo convenience store accross from truck stop .Cheaper than at the track.Bring a helmet and if you are real fast prepare to be inspected.

Just thought I would get a count of who is going and who plans on racing. and where is every one staying. i'm planning on racing and I'm staying at the Ramada.

I am atleast showing my truck.....staying at the ramada. I think Garrett is showing his truck too. He is looking at renting some dealer space for his Powerstroke operation too, so I don't know if he is racing. Jimmy

I wont be racing. I'll be tied up at my booth. But I dont know if I would race anyway. dang bracket racing;c . Ofcourse I would probably get my *** handed to me even if it was heads up racing. Oh yeah I'm staying at the Ramada too.

Back