Fun Ford Weekend.........Commerce GA

BlownSVT

I wish I had my TQ back
Ok, FFW is coming up in a couple of months. I was told by someone that it is going to be April 11-13 at the Atlanta Dragstrip in Commerce Ga.

This is an easy trip for us upstate and western NC guys but I am sure it will be a drive for the rest of you all.

Let's see how many of us are interested and if we have enough people to make a showing we can consider this our next possible CLOC event.

Any additional INFO on the FFW would be appreciated.

Later, Jimmy:nb:

Last edited:
I will be able to go that Saturday and Sunday. . When I talked to Justin from JDM he said they would also be there . This would be a great time for all of us to go and I think we owe it to Dave because he is our local tuner plus a JDM dealer. :tu:

No Prob Dennis............I wonder if we could actually be a part of it........like show and shine or something? I am new to this stuff, I used to be involved with my "mini" truck community........but I don't know about the "big boy" stuff.

I'm planning to be there. There will be a car/truck show both days. I'll post some specifics when I get the event brochure.

we will have to run in top truck. you will need to pre-register per web site. i think they should let us run true street but they say not. are they scared?:confused:

OK, I would like to do the car show if we can get atleast a few CLOC guys, I think it would be fun.

CAR SHOW SCHEDULE

• Gates Open 8:00 AM
• Registration 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
• Award Judging 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM
• Award Presentation 3:30 PM

CAR SHOW ENTRY FEES

• One Day - Car & Driver $30.00
• Two Day - Car & Driver $40.00
Special Show Participants plaques and goody bags for participants!

Saturday Awards:
Top Twenty-Five Awards

Sunday Awards:
Top Twenty Mustangs
Best Big Ford
Best Boss
Best Compact
Best Contemporary
Best Focus
Best Full Size Truck (Pre 90)
Best Full Size Truck(90&up)
Best Exotic
Best Mercury Marauder
Best Mini Truck
Best Race Car
Best Saleen
Best Shelby
Best Street Rod
Best T-Bird
(5) Open Classes
Riley's Nostalgia
Manufacturer's Choice
Track Choice
Promoter's Choice
People's Choice
Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords Editor's Choice (1903-1978)
Muscle Mustang & Fast Fords Editor's Choice (1979&up)*
* This winning participant is featured in Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine
Turbo & High Tech Performance Editor's Choice
Mustang Brand Team Award
Best Mustang (1994&up) - 4 Foot Trophy
Best Interior - 4 Foot Trophy
Best Paint - 4 Foot Trophy
Best Engine - 4 Foot Trophy
Best of Show - 4 Foot Trophy

All entries must be Ford Motor Company with Ford Power

Note: Due to insurance requlations, motorized vehicles such as scooters and three or four wheelers are not permitted in the Car Show or Manufacturer's Midway areas with the exception of Event Officials.

SO what do you all think????

I'm planning to drive down sometime on Friday and will show both days. Looking to stay at either the Comfort Inn or HoJo. If I remember correctly, they're both right next to the Cracker Barrel. There's also a good steak house and seafood restaurant nearby. Everything is located at the exit off of I-85 and the track is about five minutes away.

cool, have you called about a hotel room yet? I was told that it gets pretty packed really quick. I am still debating whether or not to stay or just drive in......I don't know.

I haven't made a reservation yet but will probably call or make one online this week. I'll let you know where I decide to stay.

I just don't think I can hack a bracket format race.......but who knows. Hey Garrett and Dennis.....would you show and race or just race?

Definately show and about 99% sure I'll race too:D. I only want to make one pass. In the 11s. Then get shut down for not having a roll cage:D :tug: :db: :db: :db:

Back