Embroidered BALA shirts

Nazgul

Black Rider
I spoke to my friend who owns the shop where all of us fire guys get our stuff.
We can get 3-button knit shirts in any of several colors (blue, white, black, red, orange, goldenrod, etc.) and several sizes (S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL, ...) with our logo embroidered on the L chest; these are the same or similar to the shirts NLOC is selling, with the 'checkered flag' striping on the collar & sleeves.

I don't remember NLOC's price (the computer I'm on right now won't let me open their catalog), but our price will be $23.95 PLUS a portion of the $50 set-up fee.
So, if only two of us buy one shirt each, it will be $48.95 each. If 5 of us buy one shirt each, it will be $33.95 each. If 5 of us buy 2 shirts each, it will be $28.95 each shirt, and so on.

You can also have the BALA logo (taken from Jesse's business cards) embroidered on jackets, sweatshirts, hats, anything they sell or can order for you. So the price can get to be real close to nothing for the set-up if we order enough items.

Christmas is coming in a couple of months, so consider extras as gifts.

Go look at the NLOC knit shirt in their catalog and imagine our logo, and the color you want. We can even have them put the Hooter's logo on the backs, if you want!

I'll try to remember to bring the clothing catalog with me to the fry party on sunday.

Last edited:
Havoksdream said:
I am willing to help out in way. If you need any work done - let me know. This is a very good idea Paul. Sign me up:tu:

Jesse, you can start collecting $$ from those interested!

Actually, that is the only hard part. I'm willing to do it all, but the guys have to step up and make a committment--that means $$ up front. I don't want to stiff the shop when the orders are all done but there's no money.

We can begin sign-ups at Joe's house Sunday. :tug:

BTW, any news on the banners? I've got my $ in my hand...

I just checked out the NLOC on-line catalog, and their logo knit shirts are $38.95.

If we order just 5 BALA shirts, our cost will be $33.95 each.

Lessee, me, Alex B., Jeff, Roy, Matt, that's 5;
Don makes 6. That would be about $32.30 each (+ tax). Someone check my figures:

6 x $23.95 = 143.70; 143.70 + 50 = 193.70; 193.70/6 = 32.28 (+ tax).

If anyone orders more than one, the price goes down again.

At Joe's fry party, a suggestion was made to make the logo oval just an outline instead of filled in all black. If we did that, we could have all the words in black, and the outline and bolt a second color. This might make the set up fee cheaper. I will look into that.

I don't want to get into any more options or changes like we did with the banner. Too many cooks...etc. Everyone gave Jesse cudos for his business card logo, so that's the one we're going with. (Thanks, Jesse!) The finished product will look as good as the NLOC embroidered logo.

I will post pics of the shirt and color options here below later this week.

If anyone wants to begin the order process, you can send me a check for $23.95 for each shirt you want made out to either me or 'Carlene's T-Shirt Corner.' I will hold the checks until we get at least 6 shirts ordered. When I place the order, I will notifiy you of the extra you owe for your part of the set up fee and tax.

:tu:

Here is the photo of the shirt (same as NLOC's, with 'checkered flag' trim) and the colors and sizes available.

Notice the black shirt has red trim instead of black. We will use white and blue thread on black shirts instead of black and blue.

Open for business. PM me and I will send you my address for your 'deposit' checks as mentioned above.

If you can't read the caption, the sizes available are: 'adult S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL.' Colors, from L-R are: 65/gold, 48/burnt orange, 44/red, 99/white, 19/royal blue, 09/birch (dirty-white looking), 00/black.

Last edited:
Question: Are you saying we can choose the color we want? Or you asking us to vote on a color? Just want to claer that up. You have a PM btw.

Havoksdream said:
Question: Are you saying we can choose the color we want? Or you asking us to vote on a color? Just want to claer that up. You have a PM btw.

Answer: Any color you want. Unless everyone wants to look like 'twins' in uniform whenever we get together.(??)

I'll take one for myself, are you collecting checks? If so I'll be sure to bring one with me to in & out on Sat:tu:

:? Okay, guys, whassup???

This stuff was all done, just waiting for your participation.

Its been three months since a few of you said you wanted shirts. To date, no one has sent me a check.

Maybe now that the holidays and Super Bowl are over, we can try this again.

It would be nice to have shirts with club logos when we take over Hooters/Dublin in May.

Re-read the price break downs and available colors/sizes above & get with me. I will PM you all with my address for checks. Call me with questions.

I think I'll get a black one and a blue one!

Paul

Last edited:
I didn't even know you were waiting! ;) Been kinda out of the loop.

Gimme a red one! :tu: I'll run a check by this weekend. unless you'll take pay pal? ;)

Back