Considering going turbo

Ok guys need an opinion on this turbo for my setup

Garret gt4202, t6, 1.15 housing, 74mm compressor, 86mm turbine,

Too big?

I'd say no not to big, I was looking at that turbo but t4 flanged. There was one on corral not to long for a good price

That is a great turbo, but IMO which doesn't mean anything, I would go T4 flanged. You have to be honest with yourself and ask, What am I going to primarily use the truck for? Is it race or street?If it's street then I think the t4 would be the best choice. If your going for all out track potential and have a trans brake to sit and load the turbo on the line then the T6 will fit the bill. Either way in any form that turbo will move enough air to turn your block into pieces. I kind of liked the fact that my little 7668 was pretty much out of steam in the hp department. I knew it really wasn't going to make much more that would have been dangerous to my combo, power wise anyway.

I'm with Gregg. Plenty of power with a T4. Also,a T6 is big and will be harder to package under the hood.

I thought the t6 was a little much. On the other hand I don't mind having a turbo that I can "grow into" so to speak. The main reason I'm looking at this one in particular is because I can get a good deal on it. The truck will be street driven a good bit, but et's are more important to me than how it performs on the street. What kind of horsepower could I make on a t4 flange?

I am not about there turbos, but there's some good info on vs racing ones. They just came out with a 7783 and 8883 that is made to specs of the precision t88

I'm with Adam, the vs racing turbos seem to be making good power and lasting. The sloppy me hanics guys on FB buy a ton of them and love them. Plus the owner Viren IIRC is always on there posting and stands behind his products.

Looking at their website now. They don't really give much as far as specs go. If the vsr8883 is suppose to be the same as the precision pt88 I guess I'll check out those specs. Is .96 ar going to be sufficient for my 408?

It will come on quick, spool wise. Not a real good comparable but my 7668 was a .96. That combined with the little 68 exhaust wheel, it would spool almost instantly. That 88 has a bigger ex wheel so it will move a lot more air, that will help with back pressure and power.

Call or email them. Also you can go onto theturboforums.com and under the vendor classifieds post questions.

I think it's a little small for a 408 especially when used with a t4, but it would help it spool up quickly. What's the max rpm?

Call or email them. Also you can go onto theturboforums.com and under the vendor classifieds post questions.

I think it's a little small for a 408 especially when used with a t4, but it would help it spool up quickly. What's the max rpm?

Prolly 7-7200. So I need something with an AR over 1?

Back