Considering going turbo

What's the word on cx racing turbos? Junk? Decent? Was looking at their gt45r

My twin turbo setup was put together with ebay Chinese turbos.
Its hit or miss, mine were great in 20k miles never had an issue, althought IATs were high

A buddy of mine just tore up a turbine wheel on his, although im not convinced a piece of the motor didn't escape to cause it

Guy at vs racing is recommending the 8883. I know the .97 ar will be great on the street but how much will track performance suffer. Although that turbo should easily get me to my hp goal.

I went 10.8's with a little 7668. I don't know what your looking for, but I was making 630-650 with the stock block. Not a whole lot more I would feel comfortable with. Keep your timing in check and your a/f on the safer side unless you have a better block.

I'm also leaning towards running a trans brake 4l80e. Guess that could open my options a bit, but I'm still on a stock block so I'm limited there.

This would be much easier if I didn't have so much time in between purchases. I need a sponsor...

It is. I've pushed a Windsor much harder than that though. I don't mind living on the edge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm with Gregg. Plenty of power with a T4. Also,a T6 is big and will be harder to package under the hood.

sure was, main thing the caught my attention with the bw s475 with the $800 price tag.

sure its over kill, but it works ok.

I suppose its the same concept as running a big 871 blower @ 8psi LOL

That's a lot of rpm for a stock block

It is. I've pushed a Windsor much harder than that though. I don't mind living on the edge

It's alot, but we did it for decades before aftermarket blocks came around. You can make up a lot of ground with the right block mods, most people just don't do them because it isn't worth it when you can get an aftermarket block for $2500 and never have to worry about it.

Think I'm definitely gonna go with t4 flange. Trying to gather as many parts as I can. Gonna try and be patient on buying a turbo cause there is a lot to purchase before the truck would be ready anyways. Gonna tear it down soon and part some stuff out to help with the turbo build, intake, supercharger, headers, etc...

Back