Cervinis hoods

Well that's too bad, I'm going to buy a hood and was hoping to get a price break by participating in a group purchase. I'll go solo and see what kind of deal I can scrape up. Thanks for your replies.

HIVOLTAGE said:
Well that's too bad, I'm going to buy a hood and was hoping to get a price break by participating in a group purchase. I'll go solo and see what kind of deal I can scrape up. Thanks for your replies.

The main problem as I saw it was Cervinis NOT giving a price break for the group buy. Or more precisely put, no vendor could get Cervinis to give a price break.

It's all good anyway because I decided to go with a different hood anyway! :D

Stewart

Cervini's cost 5k up front to become a dealer and you lonely save $100 per hood at a group buy of 10 - shipping, it would take you about 60 hood's to break even.
This is why most companies large or small don't and won't carry there merchandise..I went thru this Mad enterprises and LFP when we did the last group and these guy's are stand up. I don't blame them it just doesn't pay.
On the positive side post up some pic's when you get the hood on.....

I couldn't bring myself to purchase any of the after market hoods, just not the look I was after, but I have no taste so don't get offended if you have one of them. I've always been a little radical when it comes to vehicles so I purchased a new hood from the Ford dealer and have a pro stock hood scoop coming as well. I thought I'd butcher up a new hood and not ruin my stock True Blue hood just in case the hood scoop project ends up looking like azz. I'm going to attempt to fabricate a functional ram air set up so wish me luck. Mind you I've already had one go around with a radical hood design and ended up getting royally screwed in the process. I'll post up some pics down the road if it comes out decent. I just thought it would look killer with the roll cage. :bd: :bd: :bd:

Anyone interested in getting the ball rolling? I'm looking to buy a cowl hood, and with all the new members we might be able to get something going.

Just FYI, Cervini's have gone up on the price of their hoods. They are now $499, and it cost $130 to get mine shipped.

But......... the body shop said it was the best quality fiberglass hood they had ever seen. And they said the customer service people were excellent, contrary to what I had heard in the past.

If you're hood is aluminum and is starting to bubble it's probably been re-painted at one point and the painter didn't use an etching primer on the aluminum. This will cause a chemical reaction that will make it buble or it won't adhere. He also could have sanded it with a sander that had previously been used on metal causing another chemical reaction.

Hey! If this is still in the works then add me to the list too!

I want the ram air hood #130

I'm looking to buy this month.

Back