Before & After body work and paint

Thanks for the response bodydragin, that was my conclusion as well when I picked him to do the truck

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

There's also something to be said for good prep work. That's 90% of a good paint job. What you put on top won't matter much. The best paint in the world will look terrible on bad bodywork and the worst paint in the world will look good on good bodywork. If he always uses Dupont and you're happy with what you've seen, I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the response oilwell, I walked through his facility and look at his work and was impressed, saw cars in prep, and finished product. He stated if the truck is parked outside everyday in our Arizona sun, the clear will last 7-8 years before the possibility of having issues. It will be garaged so I'm hoping to keep it looking good for awhile.

I took a car to get paint once...
shop 1 $4500
Shop 2 $7000
Shop 3 3600
Shop 4 $2500
I went with shop 4 because he was cool and I liked him. (Not in a gay way either). He asked how much would you like to pay?? I said $2500... he said ok take off bumpers, mirrors, door handles tr etc, etc. remove glass, etc.. had it towed there and got a $2500 paint job that was what it was... to you or I we could find every flaw but man that 76' Vette had more compliments from women outta the blue and dudes was always like "WHATS UP!". Lmao. It's hard to get good work cheap and I'm a middle of the road guy myself and or just do what I can afford too at times.. good luck and nice truck.

Before & After body work and paint

Had to go grab this pic of my car (been sold a out a yr now) cuz I didnt have a pic on phone of it.
However this is a 4500 paint job that I took car to shop as a shell. No doors hatch hood bumpers on it.
After paint I put it all back together hung doors hood hatch bumpers everything.
So I paid for finish prep/ bodywork as I had already stripped and sanded worked most of the stuff out of it myself.

As stated in Paint its all in the prep and you get what you pay for.

Was not "show quality" but it was what I wanted decent looking and not so $$$ that I was afraid of any chips etc. IE I could drive it and enjoy it.

881cb39fb77c31848d0c1c89a027f6d6.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had to go grab this pic of my car (been sold a out a yr now) cuz I didnt have a pic on phone of it.
However this is a 4500 paint job that I took car to shop as a shell. No doors hatch hood bumpers on it.
After paint I put it all back together hung doors hood hatch bumpers everything.
So I paid for finish prep/ bodywork as I had already stripped and sanded worked most of the stuff out of it myself.

As stated in Paint its all in the prep and you get what you pay for.

Was not "show quality" but it was what I wanted decent looking and not so $$$ that I was afraid of any chips etc. IE I could drive it and enjoy it.

Is that the "Azure Blue"? Looks darker and more blue in the pic but I see you have the Mach1 theme going on there.

Yes it was Azure blue.
Mixed by the shop but as I understand it there is only 1 azure color code.

Yes it was the FACH1 for Fox Mach1 or Fake Mach1 take your pick.
Had cobra frt brakes 96 snake complete a le in back so 4wdisc
Lots of mach accents 04 mach seats 04 mach wheels.
Getting a divorce cost me that car and about a 15k loss on what I had in it vs what I sold it for.

I dont HATE my X but I do hate having to sell it because of her.

Yes it was Azure blue.
Mixed by the shop but as I understand it there is only 1 azure color code.

That is the color I have for my truck. Looks like the car is in the shade, prob makes it darker but that's what i like about that color. For having no metallics or pearls it can look different depending on lighting. How do you think it will look on a truck with a black hood and black bed cover?

That is the color I have for my truck. Looks like the car is in the shade, prob makes it darker but that's what i like about that color. For having no metallics or pearls it can look different depending on lighting. How do you think it will look on a truck with a black hood and black bed cover?

Yes its in shade and yes lighting plays with it well for a simple color.
I think it will go well with the black accents.
Too much of one color on a truck w/o a cents imo.

Went by the shop to check out the truck, it's coming along! Tons of body work. My paint Guy recommended this clear over the Dupot. Anyone have experience with this brand?
0df251fe2087a92083fd79aba9d25a5f.jpg
672daca54bec980bfc84e657dc983ec9.jpg

Dupont....damn auto correct. I searched the Spies Hecker clearcoat and it seems to get good reviews, he said to use it over the Dupont it would be $500 extra, even at $4k total I feel it's a great deal

Doing the Spies Hecker clearcoat, he's starting to paint the grill and headlight trim by Friday

All my interior trim has been painted, I did the headliner but will be redoing it and adding some underlayment so its smooth, I had applied the vinyl over the original headliner but there are areas where some indentations show through
8b3ecfcab7603f1a3d7ac9e0be297b3e.jpg
7ef0677324507017ace39cd85f0fdf69.jpg

So the truck is still at the paint shop, they're having to remove all the old paint, when they're sanding it, it's just flaking off so it will take a lot longer than expected. Here's some progress pics
18110a703f0b5fcfc689be1b72303376.jpg
fcecc74ad6908a53cb9203813429bb00.jpg
f63a890155512809e7cd9b8867fc99ec.jpg

Back