8.5 Liters of Speed Density POWER! Pics!

What intake was used on the motor. I was told to there is no aftermarket support for fuel injection intakes. Is it a carb intake modified for injectors? Thanks

since the factory efi heads have different intake ports. and I dont believe that intake listed above will work with oem efi heads. so what he was saying is for a factory efi 460, there is little to no hot rod parts available,
luckily there is a been wanting to solution to use older style ports, and be able to keep efi.

a combo I have wanted to see was a 429 alum scj head, that intake, and a t trim or maybee larger vortech.

since the factory efi heads have different intake ports. and I dont believe that intake listed above will work with oem efi heads. so what he was saying is for a factory efi 460, there is little to no hot rod parts available,
luckily there is a been wanting to solution to use older style ports, and be able to keep efi.

a combo I have wanted to see was a 429 alum scj head, that intake, and a t trim or maybee larger vortech.

Yes I was over at the 460 website and was told there is no support for late model EFI setups. No heads or intakes available. The only option would be to modify a carb intake to adapt the injectors. As is the intake shown.

Yes I was over at the 460 website and was told there is no support for late model EFI setups. No heads or intakes available. The only option would be to modify a carb intake to adapt the injectors. As is the intake shown.

That is correct - there are no aftermarket heads or intakes to directly replace the EFI stuff on those engines. The best bet is to use older style heads and a custom EFI intake. That is what I was going to do on my truck but ended up selling the big motor. Oh well.

nice build a friend built one similar but he used a single carb style efi tb with be carb air filter. he worked at for racing the truck was pretty fast, fast engouh to go low 11 all motor and it also had a 250 shot.

8.5L x 61cc/ci = 518.5 CI

521 / 61 = 8.54 (or 8.5 rounded)

0r

4.39 (0.030 overbore) * 4.39 * pi / 4 = 15.14 si

15.14 si * 4.3 in stroke (makes 514 stock bore) = 65.08 ci / cylinder

65.08 ci/cylinder * 8 cylinders = 520.67 ci = 521 ci

;)

Wow, truely jealous I am!! I'm quite impressed/proud of you for keeping the a/c. I see so many nice hot rods etc, only to be diappointed to see the lack of a/c.

Man.............Five Huuuuuuuuuuuundred and twenty one cubic inches of torque moster I bet!!! Not bad, just 170ci over stock. That is like having a 351 and a honda motor in the same engine bay! LOL!!

Come on man. At least say a pinto motor. Honda and lightning is like oil and water. Back on the subject at hand. That is one clean underhood shot man. That is almost as clean as bumperquip's truck but not quite. Very nice. You've made me want to pull my motor and clean things up.

very nice, had to post to subscribe to the thread ... but a question ... what are you running for a trans??

i've been pondering big block in my 95 f150 (L clone) but i want to maintain a 5 speed, and not the slow shifting ZF that came behind the 460s ...

very nice, had to post to subscribe to the thread ... but a question ... what are you running for a trans??

i've been pondering big block in my 95 f150 (L clone) but i want to maintain a 5 speed, and not the slow shifting ZF that came behind the 460s ...

He is running an E4OD. For a decent shifting 5 speed behind a big block, you are gonna have to go aftermarket. Tremec TKO 600 or something like it.

i figured aftermarket ... i didint know if a Richmond 6 speed would live behind a big block ... I was hoping there was somebody whos put a manual tranny behind a big block and had it live ...

Back