8.5 Liters of Speed Density POWER! Pics!

Philip

I thought I'd post a few shots, being that I finally took some time to take them. Keep in mind, this is the first mod to my 51k mile '94 :whistle:

Many of you have asked how my big-block project has come out--simply awesome, so far! There is still "Tweecing" to do, but it really was easy as pie. I originally built a nice 408 for it (its now in a '95 Mustang running low 11's), but the more I thought about it, I thought, "why not big-block?" I've got about 150 miles on it so far--looking forward to some warm weather. First time out I broke the tires loose on the 2-3 shift for prolly a good few seconds, and that was about 3/4 throttle :applaud:

HPIM1408.JPG

HPIM1409.JPG

HPIM1410.JPG

HPIM1411.JPG

HPIM1422.JPG

P.S. - I wanna give thanks to LTNGDRVR for the cold air idea, and to SSTOCK for the start-up program for the Tweecer. Thanks guys!

Wow, very big WOW!!! Look how dang clean and neat every thing is!! Sheesh, if i could do it all over again.................

Philip said:
8.5L = 521 cubic inches!

Thanks for the compliments guys! It has sure been fun so far.

Man.............Five Huuuuuuuuuuuundred and twenty one cubic inches of torque moster I bet!!! Not bad, just 170ci over stock. That is like having a 351 and a honda motor in the same engine bay! LOL!!

Thank you. It's hard to make anything EFI look clean, especially with factory cruise control and a/c as well. It's no show piece though--it will be driven!

Looks good Philip.

Now you need some of those 5.8 fender badges, then cut them apart and reverse the 5 and 8 to make it read 8.5.:idea:

Yup. That was the intention from the get-go. I wanted as much power as I could get without power adder, and still be totally daily-driveable. It's hard to imagine, but this thing really is a pu$$y-cat. Granted, a pu$$y-cat with engine-dyno proven 525hp and 630 ft/lbs :3g:

I imagine it will end up with just shy of 400 rwhp, depending on how much power the E4OD sucks up. I tell you what though...when I go to build a race truck, it will have a big block as well--they just fit too darn perfectly!!!

Thanks Curtis. I think I'm going to stay low profile though. It will be fun racing the Gen 2's and telling them "hey, I don't have a blower...or nitrous!".

Last edited:
Sweet!!!

I know what you mean. I was planing on build a Race truck with a 533. Although my plan was to run a power adder Nitrous and maybe a Couple Carb's

Still may happen one day. It will be a Big Tire 4 Link truck though.

jamie v said:
Philip, are they trick flow A460s on there? Also those headers look a little custom to me?

Jamie,

I believe he had said the were and the headers came from some company that makes the to fit. Out of the box style.

I kinda think he said the were a chevy header.

fordfreak95 said:
Wow, very big WOW!!! Look how dang clean and neat every thing is!! Sheesh, if i could do it all over again.................
my words exactly,man look at the cleanliness!!!

Very nice install. You kept it very tidy for fuel injected. There's no replacement for displacement.:bigtu:

Back