8.5 Liters of Speed Density POWER! Pics!

Mine was together when I bought the truck, but it's just regular F-series big block motor pedestals. See a junkyard (will require labor) or place that sells Ford parts.

Hmmmmm.

Philip, what CR are you running?

I am beginning to like the sound of a nice 9.5:1 BB for the street, with a nice little shot of nitrous when needed.....

Of course, this requires money....of which I have none.

Keith, those are awesome. I need something like that that's not "conversion." I'm just running factory mounts and... well... they're a little squishy.

Philip said:
I'm using the factory C3P3 processor and 5.8L harness, with a base version Tweecer, and LM-1 to monitor A/F.

Phillip that thing is awesome! After reading this, it sure has me wondering why I couldn't get my 408 to run worth crap on the factory speed density. :sigh:

hotrod95 said:
Phillip that thing is awesome! After reading this, it sure has me wondering why I couldn't get my 408 to run worth crap on the factory speed density. :sigh:

It is all in the Cam. Have Phillip do you up a sweet S/D Cam.

Blue Oval Forever said:
It is all in the Cam. Have Phillip do you up a sweet S/D Cam.

You're probably right on that Bobby. The cam I had was something that Terry at Cam Motion ground for me. It only had 216* duration on the intake and 221* on the exhaust with a LSA of 114*. Nothing radical at all, but that's all water under the bridge now seems as how my truck found a new home back in October.

its probably not too bad bill. heck jeffs bigblock truck gets about as good gas mileage as my tiny little 357.

Man I missed this the first time around. Fantastic job. I'll probably get corrected on this, but that's the only engine I know off the top of my head with big cubes to successfully run on the stock computer.

Mileage? That's funny :grin1: Seriously though, I'm looking forward to getting some mileage numbers myself.

I wish I had something stellar to report, but not much news here. The weather has been getting nice, but I haven't had time to really play with the truck yet. I've only got about 300 miles on it now -- would've had more, but the Monster Box shifted so hard I was scared I'd tear something up (especially until I get something to control the wheel hop--I'm working on that). I've gone back to a stock accumulator valve body, but it will need some work to firm up the shifts. I've just begun to experiment with the Tweecer as far as transmission controls go (engine torque table, tv pressures, etc). I may go with Baumann Engineering's valve body kit, as it sounds very "tuneable". The Factory Tech "2,400-2,600 rpm" converter feels really tight, but I'll wait until I can apply some real power with traction before I pass judgement on that.

I need to give SStock a shout for some help with cold start-up, as I'm still a bit fat there, but driveability overall has been excellent. I tell you, I'd about kill for a Gen 1-specific Tweecer tuning manual :bond: It's frustrating knowing what you want to change, but not where to go to adjust it.

Only funny thing since the swap (and I haven't checked into it yet) is that the cruise control isn't working.

I am bringing this thread btt b/c.....well just b/c its still one of the darn coolest projects to date.
Any updates Philip?

EE

So no matter the cubic inches,as long as you have a S/D friendly cam you can use the stock computer and harness?

blackluster,

Pretty much, It will take some tuning to work little kinks out but all in all it will pretty much just work.

Ed,
You are right this deserves to be on top.

Just thought I would bring this one back up. Really cool truck - anyone know if it is still around? I would love to see some updates about it.....

Philip's truck is one of my favorite. Awsome for a Daily Driver!!!! I would love to see it in person.

Back