1995 F150 build

This project was not intended to be a clone build, but will have a Lightning'esc look about it when it's done.
Truck started out as a 1995 F150 with a 4.9L 5spd with only one rust area under the drivers door weather strip caused by too heavy of a guy using rocker mounted steps and a leaky windshield.

That's a project and a half! Nice fab job on the rear suspension & cage. Gonna need details on that big block!

Badass man I love BBFs. I have one in 79 F100 and my dad has one in his 95 Flareside. Is this going to be a track only deal or will it see some street miles?

Just looked back at this post. To make the stance right with the 4 link out back your going to need some dropped I beams up front. Can't wait until this truck is done

Thanks for the compliments guys. My goal is to have it done (or as done as any hot rod can be lol) for a car show July 19th here in town. If successful, it will have been a 2 year project. Project slowed last fall as I had to take on 2 additional jobs to get the cash needed for the remaining big ticket items. Now that I'm down to 2 jobs, I'm getting back on the project in earnest. The goal for this build is to have a vehicle that I can take to a car show, or the drag strip. My original goal for the build was a .030 over with a 4.150 stroke, however a deal came up on a filled .080 over block complete with pistons and H beams for about what the machine work was going to cost on my existing block, so I'll be running alcohol through a Ron's terminator system (another deal). I entered the head flow data and other motor specs into an engine sim program, and it is putting the power/torque at 725/760. I was offered the cam that was with the motor before and it was dyno'd at 850hp with the heads as is, but I passed because I didn't want the maintenance that goes with the bigger lift. However, the shop that flowed my heads played with them with clay and told me there is alot more that can be had from them, so if I want to step up later, its nice to know that I can get alot more out of this mill.
Droppedf100, I was going to go with dream beams, but decided to go as is for now, and maybe next year do an A arm / rack n pinion setup.

I just saw that I hadn't updated this for a while. Dropped, the dash is probably way more than a racer needs, but I wanted a "finished" look for car shows. Also, putting the gauges in the center makes it easier for a bar mounted go pro to record during runs. Unfortunately, cash flow prevented me from quitting the second job and getting busy on the project, but right now, my plan is to quit the second job at the end of the year and get this thing done. Between my last post and now, I built and installed a full roller C6 with transbrake vb, converter is an 8" 5500 stall from Edge converters. I also changed out the B&M shifter for a Hurst Quarter stick (not shown in the pictures below) got the headers coated and installed the front plate, front clip and just have 3 more quarter turn mounts to fab for the hood to be finished. Also pictured below is a mock up of the fuel cell I am working on. It will mount in the radiator area and will have the fill between the core support and grill. Calculations say the design will hold 5 gallons but I am planning 4 gallons for normal operations. I also had a set of slicks given to me that are the size I plan to run. This allowed me to check out the fit and stance.

WOW! Amazing work! I love it and looking forward to more. Keep updating! What long tubes did you use and what exactly is the plan? Doesnt look like ur going to procharge or supercharge it or turbo it?

I was wondering what was going glad your still working on it. Your not too far off now. What is running off the front of the motor?

Droppedf100, an aerospace vacuum pump, Alternator and mechanical fuel pump are hanging off the crank.

DrFrazzy, Thank you. I am REALLY looking forward to being able to spend some quality time with the "mistriss" as my wife calls it. This think will be running for 2015! If you are talking about the long tube headers, I couldn't find a company that offered outside the frame large tube headers for a 92-96 BBF F150. However, when I talked to Maddog Headers, he was interested in using my truck to make the prototypes so he could offer the application in his catalog. So I loaded it up and made a 3 hour trip to Michigan. The "plan" is for it to run in either Pro or Super Pro at the local track. Also it will hopefully look nice enough to take to car shows and hopefully draw some interest in the sport.

Here are a few updates on the project.

Here is one of the wing under construction. I need get a picture of the finished product lol.

Back