1995 F150 build

Finally got quite a few runs in 2017. All TnT while I'm getting it sorted out, but so far she seems to hook and go straight. Best 1/8 mile ET is 6.66 at 101.5 and I'm still tuning. A timing change netted 1.5 tenths consistently, so I'm going to play with the injection jetting and timing more this year, plus start racing it.

Track weight with me in it is about 3500. This is with the 514 with a .696 lift cam. Started ordering parts for a new 533 build that will be a little more serious lol. AFR 315 heads and intake, 15:1 Racetec pistons, much bigger cam, Injected alky. Still staying NA for now, but the new engine should put us well into the 900hp range, and when I bring it back into the shop, I'm going to see where else I can shave some weight.

So this summer I pulled the 514 and sold those parts off so I could finish the 533 build. When I tore the heads off, I discovered that the #7 and #8 cylinders were blowing into the water jackets. Since I don't run water I didn't see any visual indicators of the issue but it made me wonder what she would have ran if all 8 cylinders were working properly. Anyway, we have the 533 put together and in the truck ready for next season. This build was all out and should make well over 200 hp more then the 514 so I'm excited to run it. Over the winter I am looking at installing a precision engineering air shifter, and making a few wiring changes. I also replaced the 4.5 gal. front tank and with a 2 gal surge tank and added a 10 gal tank behind the axle with a transfer pump and removed all the engine cooling devices, so the front should be lighter with more weight on the rear wheels to hook up better.

Just got to watch the video. Aaahhhh, miss that big block purrrrrr! Nice ride!!

Where do you race?

Interesting! I'm not familiar with it. I ran at Muncie, US41 and IRP. Never made it up north of Kokomo. The only time I was even up there was to visit Coan.

Back