1995 F150 build

I am almost ready to paint my 'rod and need some advice on accent colors for the paint color in the picture below. The primary colors will be the snakeskin green pearl pictured below and a black pearl (not pictured). Should I just go with these 2 colors or are there some colors that would accent it nicely?

- - - Updated - - -

What did you do for.the front tow hook. I'm getting ready to do one on mine. I can't keep crawling under it...

I made my own. Ran a tube through the bumber, then made a swivel adapter that I can use either a tow bar that I made or a clevis for a tow trap. Did something similar on the back.
I can get u a picture
- - - Updated - - -

No passes yet. Just finished it Wednesday. Was going to make some t an t passes but the track was rained out.

Last edited:
Could you post some more pictures of the front tow hook preferably. How you have it tied to the frame, how it connects and disconnects. Thanks.....

On a biz trip to Maine this week. I can get pictures this weekend, but basically in the front, I used a piece of 1/4" angle bolted to the oem bumper mounts, then welded a tube to it, and added gussets to the tube for angular support. In the back, I removed the rearmost cross member and welded in a tube frame to frame, then welded another tube that goes through the roll pan, again gusseted. On this tube is my parachute mount and a tab welded on the bottom to connect a clevis or push bar.

This picture shows the swivel adapter I made. it pins to the tube goinb through the bumper. The big bolt u see with the winch hook attached is just what I grabbed. I did the square tube there because it's what I had that fit over the nut I used in the swivel. Also the sq tube fit inside the push/pull bar that I had made years ago for my pulling truck.

Back