JBA long tube headers.

Upload it on YouTube

I’ve never posted to YouTube. I may have a account but never log in. I’d rather post it here if it were possible. But honestly it’s nothing to Ooo or aaaahhh about. It’s pretty tame/lame lol. Nothing like a cammed up motor.

I’ve never posted to YouTube. I may have a account but never log in. I’d rather post it here if it were possible. But honestly it’s nothing to Ooo or aaaahhh about. It’s pretty tame/lame lol. Nothing like a cammed up motor.

Super easy to do, just hit upload choose file then share

That exhaust looks good, do you have a link to the kit you ordered off Ebay?
Honestly the eBay universal kit had way more in it than I needed. I barely used it. I ended up buying some Walker intermediate pipes off summit already bent the way I liked. 2 elbows to shift drivers side pipe over to passenger side and pointed back. I put a universal X/H pipe looking thing in, A couple 2.5” Summit chambered mufflers up on their sides and dumps. I am pretty happy with it. At 75mpg it drones a little. Around town is pretty tame. Lean on it and the chambered mufflers start boomin!! I really like it. I really think it sounds clean and reminiscent of a old school Flowmaster muscle car sound

Gotcha.... I may have to get mine redone, If I have to, I'm going to show the exhaust shop pics of yours and see what they think it'll cost to recreate.

Matt Hill said he might stop carrying the kooks. He hasn't been happy with the time it takes to get them.

f1508425301b78e126fc125fead58515.jpg

I need to get the wires loomed and I’ll be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey what fasteners did you use for the upper intake? Those stainless? Thanks

Hey what fasteners did you use for the upper intake? Those stainless? Thanks

They are ARP 454-2001. The kit has 12 in it. So I have 8 extras hiding in a box somewhere in my garage. However I had a hard time getting my intake on and I wished I woulda took my buddy Jim’s advice and put on carb studs. So I have a ARP 400-2412 I’m gonna try. The center bolts are the ones BBK supplied in their spacer kit I bought which is BBK 1506. My valve cover bolts are ARP 400-7506.

Can you tell a difference with the spacer?

Red 93 # 48. V-3,6.87 lower and 3.15 upper pulleys. 12:1. Vortech FMU. 255
Walbro in-line fuel pump. MSD6btm ignition. Screamin coil, ngk tr6 gap.037.
Bassani shorty headers, and off-road mid pipe. Smog delete pulley. Flex-a-lite 420 e-fan, with struckby harness. PunisherVB.

Can you tell a difference with the spacer?

Red 93 # 48. V-3,6.87 lower and 3.15 upper pulleys. 12:1. Vortech FMU. 255
Walbro in-line fuel pump. MSD6btm ignition. Screamin coil, ngk tr6 gap.037.
Bassani shorty headers, and off-road mid pipe. Smog delete pulley. Flex-a-lite 420 e-fan, with struckby harness. PunisherVB.

I threw too many parts and wrenches at the truck to tell. I doubt much if any. What it allowed me to do is block off lower EGR port and it supposedly keeps heat transfer down between the upper and lower manifold. I don’t know about that considering I have a non-intercooled supercharger feeding the intake anyway.

I have a spacer from my red truck I'm thinking about using. I'm kind of headed in a similar direction so I'm following along.

From past experience, I recommend one stud in one of the front holes. Trying to get the intake over 4 studs without scratching the mating surface is a pain. But that one stud makes a huge difference in getting the intake and gasket aligned. I pull the stud out after I get the other bolts started.

It's not something most people do very often, though, so in the end, it's not a big deal.

Personally, the only thing I think spacers are good for are taller valve covers or other valvetrain access without having to remove the upper. I think they were useful for carbs when there was fuel in the carb itself, but I don't think they're worth anything on port injection power-wise. After driving a basically stock truck again for about a thousand miles, I can say I think the last thing it needs is more torque and less revs. Plus you've added one more mating surface that just makes for one more place for a misalignment to cause turbulence.

Unless it's this spacer:
nos-13210nos_w.jpg

Last edited:
You are essentially increasing runner length with a spacer. Machine shop advised me that the spacer with negatively effect power at upper RPM if used. Unless it's the NIS spacer lime FMOS mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I have a 1/2" phenolic spacer on the 95 for heat and for a little clearance for valve covers. I put it on the same time as the 1.7 roller rockers so I don't know if it made any difference. I picked up 1 - 1.5 tenths at the track but I think the rockers made the difference

Back