Its time to go Turbo!

I’ve had more one person say” what a waste” right to my face about my combo in the truck

Only a moron would say something like that! It's only a waste if the person spending the money to build it thinks so! If different people didn't do different things we'd all be running LS motors in fox bodies like the rest of the sheep!

To be fair, "imagine that in a fox body" wasn't really offensive and definitely nothing like calling it a waste! Challengers and Chargers weigh practically as much as our trucks do, and people are just fine with Hellcats.

I can say that mostly I've been treated respectfully and positively, at least to my face.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Doesn’t bother me. I’m too old to care what other people think. For the most part people think it’s cool. Heck, I say I should buy a mustang sometimes but I can’t not love this thing.

I take it as a compliment most of the time. But you always get that one person. I understand the truck thing isn’t for everyone but it’s my choice and I mostly enjoy it

With the weight of all these modern cars we really aren't out of the scene too much. Just because its a truck doesn't mean it weighs 8k like a super duty like people think. I think the new 2020 gt500 weighs like 4200/4300. challengers are similar. This isn't the 80/90s any more where a 3300lb car is "heavy". SRT8 jeep that everybody seems to like are 5300lbs. I don't know. I don't get it. I can respect any bodies build, not matter the platform as long as it is well executed and somebody put some time and passion into it. I think I have more respect for the "underdog" especially when it works/performs well. Putting a hurting on a lightweight sports car in my old 90s truck will always put a smile on my face.

Spookfest prep. I felt like I had everything situated to where I was content until today when I decided to throw a locker i had kicking around in. Hopefully that the last of it. Eaton limited slip diff. Kept stock gears (for now). And Ford racing diff cover. Install went fairly smooth. And pictures show it worked well. Photo looks like some chatter thru first but didn't feel it at all so not concerned. Also hooked up my 2 step which seems to work well.

Ne19KyYl.jpg

qhjkncyl.jpg

zbgSgRQl.jpg

Last edited:
That giant logo on the tailgate is awesome.

I changed the fluid in mine as prep, too. Man I hate that smell.

That giant logo on the tailgate is awesome.

I changed the fluid in mine as prep, too. Man I hate that smell.

I hadn't had an issue in a straight line with the factory diff but around a corner it enjoyed a nice inner tire burn. haha. I figured i'd be better off doing it now to make sure it didn't one tire fire at the track.

Bad ***. What tires are you running at the track?

I will be running my nitto 420s. I don't have high expectations they are going to enjoy any sort of launch. My 2 step is currently set to 2k rpm for a "hot street start" and see what it does.

Been a long while since an update. Truck hasn't needed much which has been great. Started a business which included purchasing a HAAS CNC. That has taken up a good bit of my time and budget but has been great. Anyway, Last fall at that hagerty track event I burnt up the clutch a little. Still has been working just chattered a bit. I finally decided to switch it out hopefully for the last time. went with a Mcleod RXT twin disc. (1000ftlb rating) New ford racing flywheel and opted for a powertrain technologies hydraulic release bearing over the wilwood external I've been running. Got around to doing it Saturday and sure looks like the old clutch was not up to the task. So far I'm messing with some of the adjustments I have and I'm liking the feel and drivability of the twin disc over the last setup. Mcleod recommends 1200 clutch strokes for break in so I'm trying to be good about it. Probably closing in on around 100 "city" miles so far and somewhat tracking clutch strokes/gear changes it actually adds up pretty quick. Another couple days of adjusting to my perfect liking and i'll be rolling into it for sure.

4vgedTWl.jpg

EmXMlOpl.jpg

Ylbri5ul.jpg

hlGrTsUl.jpg

Rk6hGf0l.jpg

epiRbGsl.jpg

GbECRYDl.jpg

X6WT9U5l.jpg

Oooh are you going to make Gen 1 parts now? :)
I plan on doing a little r&d on a few things using my truck but I'm certainly open to ideas if you have any. If it's something I can be competitive on pricing with then I'm absolutely interested in doing the r&d and development.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I plan on doing a little r&d on a few things using my truck but I'm certainly open to ideas if you have any. If it's something I can be competitive on pricing with then I'm absolutely interested in doing the r&d and development.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Billet end caps for the tube bumpers would be cool, then we could have them powdercoated or anodized

Back