would you buy it? Rough 94

GT347SC

I found a black 94 today. Very rough but runs good. front valance is destroyed, needs tires, wont start on key (push button on dash), xlt trim gone, fuel senders dont work, rear tank doesnt work, leaf springs replaced with stock f150 leafs, and drivers door will need replaced because it was broke into. I can get it for $1500. It would driven by my daughter. She drives my super cab clone so she knows the power and how to handle it. She really wants the truck but it will need work. I know its worth what ever im willing to pay but my question is would you buy it. All i care about is that its reliable. cosmetics can be fixed later. It has 86k miles on it. It really impressed me that my 16yo daughter WANTS a Lightning.

Its bad visually. Imagine a work truck that was not owned by the driver and his attitude was oh well its not mine. Its nothing that cant be fixed and some fresh paint. I was supprised that she didnt care about the appearence. Most kids only care about how it looks. I guess all the years of dragging home junk and turning it into jewels helps her see the inner beauty.

Well as an investment its probably not worthy, but if you like working on things go for it. That's part of it.

Investment?? I couldnt own a real Shelby because id drive the wheels off it. LOL. Seriously though. I dont buy vehicles as investments. I buy them to be driven. Cant stand garage queens.

I'd say it's worth it if the body is salvageable and you need a project. It's cool that your daughter likes the truck for the potential it has, rather than it's current state. Most kids these days see something with a bit of wear and immediatly label it as a POS. Up here in Western Canada, a beat up, rusted out running F150 will start at ~2000 for an XL. I saw a 96 F150 XL 2WD 4.9 5sp LWB reg cab sell for $4300 just because the body was rust free.

I think that's not bad at all. Put about a $1k into it and it would prolly be a decent highschool car.

here are the pics he sent me.
IMG950858.jpg

IMG958134.jpg

IMG958862.jpg

He told me the previous owner pulled a lawn service trailer and thats why the f150 springs were put in:bash: good thing im in LA. I got that gen one junk yard south of me. (blueoval) the good thing though is most of what is needed if standard to any f150 so shouldnt be too hard to get. The worst thing is it need tires immediately. My driveway is already full of fox mustangs, now a second L.:heart:

I say go for it ! Looks worth the money to me . I've payed more for a lot less , also shouldn't have any trouble gettin your cash back if you decide not to fix it .

Buy it... and fix it together WITH your daughter... use it as a bonding experience and as an aid to teach her how to work on cars.... plus by her learning/helping to fix it back to the way it should be, she will be much more proud and appreciative of owning it... plus she's more likely to take care of it and not let the "cute" guy run the *** off it... :eek:ldtu:

**edit**
Awe come on.. you can't even say *** ??

agreed with barber. if she wants it, perfect opportunity to teach her about owning a lightning. My daughter is only 8 and already says my lightning is hers lol.

I agree. Buy it and fix it up with her. I will be a great experience for the both of you. I think it has a lot of character and potential. :eek:ldtu:

Dude YES!!! 1500 bucks for Memories with your daughter!! That's a deal in its self... jump on it. 90% of those parts are in scrap yards for a dime a dozen.

I hope you get it and set up a resto thread. Pics are rough but not quite as bad as you described, id bite on it for that price for sure!

Back