World's Fastest Lightnings (TOP 15)

Thanks Jamie. The best its been is 1.42 but I think it really needs a 2 step or 3 step with the turbo. Something that can't really be done RELIABLY with a stock computer. Ever since I put the caltracs on it, its been very consistent, as long as I'm consistent. Its funny because I have to hit the tires and on the converter with ALL the power it will make, otherwise about 40 ft out they start getting really skinny too quick and they just start spinning. I wish I could fit 14" beadlocks in the stock fenderwells but 12s are all I can get. The 29.5x10.5s do good most of the time on the 12s, but I'd like to stretch them onto 14s.

The tires were actually smoking on the 1.48 run but they held just enough to stay straight :D

my new motor is 401ci... :eek:ldtu: sorry I didn't copy my time slip but maybe this will be good enough!

Image2.jpg

Is Gary's (#5) motor cubic inch a miss print? It says a 283ci, or is it a 383ci.....:blink: Seems like a really small block for that kind of power, just checking, please advise..........

Is Gary's (#5) motor cubic inch a miss print? It says a 283ci, or is it a 383ci.....:blink: Seems like a really small block for that kind of power, just checking, please advise..........

Gary's motor is NOT a 5.4 Lightning or Ford GT motor! He is running a 4.6 motor.

Found this old thread. Think it is really cool:cool:

Who is planning on jumping up or onto this list this year

Is this current:headscratch:

New best 1.52 60'
330' 4.01
660' 6.08 @ 119.77
1/4 9.35 @ 148.90

Race weight of 4120#

PLEASE UPDATE THANKS.

Back