why does nloc suck monkey balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I welcome the interaction

This statement alone should help this site. :eek:ldtu: Previously when certain subjects were brought up, someone would get banned or the thread would get closed. When done enough, people lose interest and move to where discussion is not frowned on.

This statement alone should help this site. :eek:ldtu: Previously when certain subjects were brought up, someone would get banned or the thread would get closed. When done enough, people lose interest and move to where discussion is not frowned on.

Or when opinions would be asked for and they weren't what certain people wanted to hear.

I hope things come back around. I used to be on here many times a day, and a paid member. The tactics of the admin is why I quit paying and lost interest in the site.

The stuff about turning peoples accounts into miserible user accounts was a bunch of crap, and childish.

My other problem was where they tried to stop a member from offering us Gen 1 guys parts. Gen 1 parts are hard to get and he made stuff for us that no vendor offered, yet was not really making any money off of it let alone enough money to be able to be a vendor. The guy would have went in the hole if he would have paid to become a vendor at that time. Luckily another member who became a vendor helped us get that persons products.

Good luck Doug, and hopefully it is not too late. Lightningrodder is nice, but it does not have the depth to the search bar that this site has. It took a lot of years to build up the historical tech info that this site has.

Last edited:
Tons of great info on the site. i would like to see it come back but a lot of Un banning would need to be done and the other site has done a great job giving the masses what they wanted.

Tons of great info on the site. i would like to see it come back but a lot of Un banning would need to be done and the other site has done a great job giving the masses what they wanted.

I went through the Rogues gallery of names on the no access list and saw quite a few chronic trouble makers that I remember from back in the day so-There wont be any mass unbannings done. If a specific case needs to be revisited - Ill consider it ...

What specifically do the masses want ? If its x rated avatars, thats not happening either ... But Im open to other suggestions.

I went through the Rogues gallery of names on the no access list and saw quite a few chronic trouble makers that I remember from back in the day so-There wont be any mass unbannings done. If a specific case needs to be revisited - Ill consider it ...

What specifically do the masses want ? If its x rated avatars, thats not happening either ... But Im open to other suggestions.

I don't know who is on the banned list. I am certain some deserve it. And quite certain some don't. Case by case seems fair.

As far as what people want? Seems an environment of enthusiasts for tech and social interaction. A "club" or "family" type atmosphere. a place to go to get help. a place to vent. Low pressure, high content.

I am a Global Mod on Lightningrodder.com. Also a member of DelValLO. I have tried to stay above the "vendor Wars" and "Forum Wars" personally. I have continued to participate here thru all the issues. I have been out to three Lightningfest events and two Lightning gatherings at Joliet with the NLOC. I always try to bring our Lightning owners together. We are a small group. We must remain united to accomplish anything good.

Jim

I don't know who is on the banned list. I am certain some deserve it. And quite certain some don't. Case by case seems fair.

Jim

I can't even imagine how many people in total are on this banned list? I know a few people that got banned that did not deserve to get what they got. When "d" closed down our DelValLO section, I didn't post much in here for about a year or two. I'm a Mod on LightningRodder.com and DelValLO.net. Sometimes you have to learn to deal with people in different ways. Just because a few people say something that you don't agree with or that pisses you off doesn't give you the right to shut down the complete North East club section. There were MANY people that said nothing & there site got shut down! I know Mod rhymes with God but.....:nono: This site needs to loosen up a bit & get back to what it once was in the past!

I can't even imagine how many people in total are on this banned list? I know a few people that got banned that did not deserve to get what they got. When "d" closed down our DelValLO section, I didn't post much in here for about a year or two. I'm a Mod on LightningRodder.com and DelValLO.net. Sometimes you have to learn to deal with people in different ways. Just because a few people say something that you don't agree with or that pisses you off doesn't give you the right to shut down the complete North East club section. There were MANY people that said nothing & there site got shut down! I know Mod rhymes with God but.....:nono: This site needs to loosen up a bit & get back to what it once was in the past!

Well said :eek:ldtu:

When "d" closed down our DelValLO section, I didn't post much in here for about a year or two. I'm a Mod on LightningRodder.com and DelValLO.net. Sometimes you have to learn to deal with people in different ways. Just because a few people say something that you don't agree with or that pisses you off doesn't give you the right to shut down the complete North East club section.
I appreciate your feedback but - Im confused

I see a section here DelValLO - The National Lightning Owners Club Inc with about half the content of your site DelValLO.net was there more at some point ?

Keep in mind that while you don't understand what happened in specific issues - there are literally dozens of issues at once. Hundreds of ridiculous emails a day. YOu can allow any to be all consuming. You have to move quickly and hope that the decisions are best for the whole site. It could cause global reactions to local problems.

Finally - here is an analogy. If I were standing in your living room screaming at you about how much you suck, how long would you put up with it ?

Props to you for this :eek:ldtu: - i had and will have a link to this site

(remind me not to let you in my living room Doug)

:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back