why does nloc suck monkey balls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Ill say it is slow on here but in reality I have to attribute alot of it to the fact the newest of these trucks is 8-9 going on 10 yrs old so alot of the enthusiasm is waning I believe. Many folks have simply moved on to another toy just not alot of die hard hang on L fans is what I think. Me Im a FORD person and a frugal one so I hang on to my cars/trucks for usually an extended period. I have gotten alot of good info here when needed and truthfully that is about the only reason Im on here is for the information available here. If I was to sell my L I most likely would be a less and less frequent visitor to this site.:headscratch:

Last edited:
This site was the best place for Lightning enthusiasts at one time, but there was a lot of BS that went down and most people moved to another site that started out of fustration here. Too bad because this is where the action used to be. Plenty of enthusiasm for these trucks still.

Well Ill say it is slow on here but in reality I have to attribute alot of it to the fact the newest of these trucks is 89 going on 10 yrs old so alot of the enthusiasm is waning I believe. Many folks have simply moved on to another toy just not alot of die hard hang on L fans is what I think. Me Im a FORD person and a frugal one so I hang on to my cars/trucks for usually an extended period. I have gotten alot of good info here when needed and truthfully that is about the only reason Im on here is for the information available here. If I was to sell my L I most likely would be a less and less frequent visitor to this site.:headscratch:

This is half of it. The exact same thing happened when the f-body was killed in 03. The late model forums died as the cars moved to their 2nd, 3rd, 4th or whatever owners and became nothing but transportation instead of somebody's baby. There are a lot of people out there with a Lightning and it's just a truck to them.

This site was the best place for Lightning enthusiasts at one time, but there was a lot of BS that went down and most people moved to another site that started out of fustration here. Too bad because this is where the action used to be. Plenty of enthusiasm for these trucks still.

This is the other half. There has been a TON of BS here over the years and people get sick of it and move on. You can only tell someone their opinion, no matter how valid and accepted it may be, is not welcome here so many times before they pack their toys and go home.

Ya other site is growing each month.

I'm hoping since new ownership this site will start picking up and be like it use to.

Nloc is my home lol

They hit it people move on. Not many are like me who started with an L and moved to an HD after the family grew. Unfortunately we are talking about big honkin heavy trucks that cost alot more to get fast results. Alot of vehicles that are cheap and can be made to go fast alot cheaper than our trucks. That being said I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sadly it doesnt help that with the age it has become alot easier for bottom feeders to buy the trucks either. To many trouble makers who give the guys who love em a bad name. Reminds me of many of the SRT-10 owners

Hit the nail on the head...:eek:ldtu:

This is still a good site full of lots of great info from experienced veteran Lightning owners.

Actually, back in 2000-1, the site with probably the most action on modified Lightnings and info was "F-150 Online." And along with the site was the "SVT" site. But when Sal, one of the top Lightning tuners back in 2000-03 or so, started this "National Ligntning Owners" site, most of the action gravitated to this site. Then some years later the "Lightning Rodder" site was started and today most of the action seems to go to that site.

So big d left now its game over for nloc

No more so than it was game over when he took it over.

This is still a good site full of lots of great info from experienced veteran Lightning owners.

Actually, back in 2000-1, the site with probably the most action on modified Lightnings and info was "F-150 Online." And along with the site was the "SVT" site. But when Sal, one of the top Lightning tuners back in 2000-03 or so, started this "National Ligntning Owners" site, most of the action gravitated to this site. Then some years later the "Lightning Rodder" site was started and today most of the action seems to go to that site.

Don't forget Sal's Power Surge Performance forum. There was a lot of traffic on it before NLOC. I always felt like this was the best place for information without having to deal with a bunch of BS from the users, the mods, the admin, etc. until D took over. That's when I thought it started to lose its luster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back