Who in the HELL is this?

C

Chris Wood

Today I went to my e-mail account to, of course, get my messages, and I find this!

Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 03:30:29 EDT
From: PlaidZepplin@aol.com [add to address book] [add to spam block list]
Subject: This os reguarding your lightning comment on line
To: woodchris@mailcity.com

You Know, I understand that your lighting is fast, and you cant find a chevy
truck strait from the factory that can compete. but you must reolize that
chevy doesnt need nor want a truck with a supercharger. i am a huge chevy
lover/ ford hater so i decided to spell things out for you. your lighting
puts out 360 hp stok from factory. if i took a chevy striat from factory and
threw the same supercharge on a 5.3L V8 it will produce 395hp at rear wheels.
i feel your just missguided in the facts and just so you know i normaly
humiliate people for chevy hater coments. have a nice day and keep in touch.

I have no problem with people e-mailing me with useful information, questions, or communication. But I do have a problem with this kind of junk.
First of all I make so many derogatary comments about ALL other makes, that I have no idea to what comment he is refering to! Second he says himself that Chevy dosen't make ANY thing to compare from the factory, so is that MY problem? No, it seems to be a sore spot from his stand point though.
And lastly, keep it on the board, and don't bother me at "home" JERK!

------------------
White Lightning #2252//'80 Mercury Capri-306 balanced, D.S.S forged pistons, TFS heads, Holley 750,Tremec, 4.10 gears, more... 13.20@107MPH//'01 F-250 White, PSD, 6 speed, 4X4, extended cab,/wife's white '01 Sport Trac
I have a thing for white vehicles!

What an @$$hole!!!!
mad.gif
So why is he such a pansy and can't post on the board where everyone can get a peice of his ignorant @$$! I think he knows that would happen and he doesn't want to sit at home crying on his keyboard!!

>>hey you...who ever you are...your a PRICK<<

------------------
Shane L.

MATH is my favorite subject in school.....
~take 2 people, add a bed, subtract the cloths, divide the legs, and multiply like rabits!!!!

93 black- 13.14 @ 104 (mine)
99 red- 13.04 @ 107 (my inheritance) HEHE

Thats Bu!!siot! He is a dildo. Post it here, not on personal Email. Grow a set, then come talk to us. Im thinking his HP #s for that blown Chebby are a LOT optimistic. And if its so easy, why are there none of these blown 395hp Chebby out there for us to snack on?

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

'93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
'98 SVT Contour E1 #5782
'00 Suzuki Bandit S1200 10s??

Chevy COULD make a blown truck, but chooses not to, chevys getting KILLED by dodge and ford in the V-10 area, but CHOOSES not to compete. and like the guy says, if u put a blower on a new 5.3 it would kill a G2, why dont we see any ?? and to send a personal email to someone on the board.....
weak....very,very weak.
no balls to come public. best if he/she stays away anyways.

later,

Anthony

------------------
1994 Lightning #2685
1987 Harley FLHT
1967 Ranchero

Well at least you could look at it in a different light, at least he doesnt bring his garbage onto our nice board!!
biggrin.gif

So what, super charge your chevy and come have some fun like the rest of us. Gen1s didn't come super charged, oh well it only took me a weekend to put one on there. Why can't you do the same?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by HotRod:
Im thinking his HP #s for that blown Chebby are a LOT optimistic.</font>

Mabey not he didn't say how much boost, for all we know some guys got a chevy pushing 395 running like 20PSI
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by LightningWX (edited 07-11-2001).]

I couldn't resist...
fe5b9482.gif

------------------
Adam
01 Black Lightning
JDM Big mouth filter, JDM Flip chip, JDM Breather cap, JL Ram Air, JBA Headers, Striaght Pipes, Single Blade TB, Bed Rug, Steel Horse Billet grills, Keypad Mod, Dynomatted cab, Blaupunkt MD reciever w/CD changer, MTX Thunder Form, Clarion 5X7's up front, Infinity Kappa's in back, kick panels with JBL components, Relocated starter button, Billet pedals, red interior lights w/neon, purple neon and strobe lights for the shows, and more.
fe5e42b8.gif

That monkey frickin KILLS me!! Oh, I WAS talking about 20psi on a Chebby. It still wouldnt be 395hp..
biggrin.gif

------------------
Rod K.
fe971776.jpg

'93 Lightning #1529
13.683 @ 97.82 Au Natural
'98 SVT Contour E1 #5782
'00 Suzuki Bandit S1200 10s??

Those funny chevy guys. Chevy right now is cracking there head and wondering how they got so far behind in making money and horsepower. If they had an answer to the Lightnings HP to dollar value a chevy truck would have came out all ready. BUT THEY DONT AND THEY ARE CONTENT WITH SECOND OR THIRD! I GOT YOUR BACK!

------------------
BAD BLACK LIGHTNING
Go Baby Go

I personally think the reason Chevy isn't going to make a new truck to compete with the Lightning is because they don't want to produce something that can beat their "bread and butter" the vette!!! I mean how would that look to chevy people....they already don't like getting @ss handed to them by a Lightning!!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Shane L.

MATH is my favorite subject in school.....
~take 2 people, add a bed, subtract the cloths, divide the legs, and multiply like rabits!!!!

93 black- 13.14 @ 104 (mine)
99 red- 13.04 @ 107 (my inheritance) HEHE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lush99svt:
Those funny chevy guys. Chevy right now is cracking there head and wondering how they got so far behind in making money and horsepower. If they had an answer to the Lightnings HP to dollar value a chevy truck would have came out all ready. BUT THEY DONT AND THEY ARE CONTENT WITH SECOND OR THIRD! I GOT YOUR BACK!

</font>
Sorry guys. I must apologize but, one of my friends has a blown 5.3 that's putting out supposedly 400+ hp. It has the Whipple on it, custom interior, corvette lights in the tailgate, vett exhaust, and quite a list of other goodies. With that in mind, it was a lot more than we paid for our trucks, hence the quote above. Also, no warranty. With the right amount of money I guess anything could be fast. Please don't burn me at the stake
eek.gif
! My preferrence is quite clear by my sig, and there's a LOT more potential there!!

------------------
'00 White Lightning
no mods
5636824.jpg

[This message has been edited by cplgunn (edited 07-12-2001).]

Hey fellas bin layin low for awhile. Saw this thread and HAD to respond.

Ok first off. Th Truck Market.

Ford is selling more F150s then any other Car or Truck in the U.S.

Ford by far(in stock form) Corners the Market in Performance Pickups.

Theres the Facts now...Personal Opinon.

I like the New Z71 pickups best interms of a light duty "Truck" its comfort,power(for a N/A motor),and driveablity are alwsome.

the R/T...

Best in terms of Aftermarket support. Every thing is avaible from S/Cs to Strokers to Nos to Rear ends...If Momma Mopar Makes it its there to use.

the L2...

OUTSTANGING Factory performance "."
aftermarket is pretty good(much better for the gen1) bolt ons have a great effect on the Lightnings. a 80mm Pro m and a Super chip brings in a Whopping 50RWHP. BUT, the L losses when it comes to Heads,Intakes Strokers,Cams. In a nut shell the L is an Complete Warrentied Product.

The Z06...
Please..a nice performance car but still way behind the 500hp Viper GTS.
Though pulling 1.0gs in the turns is great. to spend 55000 on a new Z06(with a dealler Bump way over MSRP) I could spend 56000 on a 97 GTS. OR for the Ford nuts bump up in price to 65000 and snag a Cobra R. (not to forget a S281 or S351 for much Cheaper)
OR buy the Same ****ING CAR WITH A BACK SEAT TRAM AM WS6!

bottom line.
Chevy biulds High Compression Small Blocks.
Ford Builds High Tech DOHC Smaller Displacement Motors that Rev high

And Momma Mopar is owned buy the Germans now...Maybe someone in Berlin can show them how to build a Performanced Based affordable Sports car!
mad.gif
mad.gif

Just My 5.9Cents

------------------
KeepTruckin!
Tim C
99 SYRC R/T:13.86@100mph! N/A 294RWHP
96 Stang GT:14.8@91
95 1200XLCustom:?@??
If ya Cant Beatum, better go back to the Speedshop!

I'll agree with everything stated above except the statement concerning aftermarket availability of parts for the GenI. The 351 has been around for a lot longer than the sc'd 5.4. There is all kinds of aftermarket stuff out there for the Windsors, you just have to look beyond the small block Chevy crap.

------------------
White Lightning #2252//'80 Mercury Capri-306 balanced, D.S.S forged pistons, TFS heads, Holley 750,Tremec, 4.10 gears, more... 13.20@107MPH//'01 F-250 White, PSD, 6 speed, 4X4, extended cab,/wife's white '01 Sport Trac
I have a thing for white vehicles!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Chris Wood:
I'll agree with everything stated above except the statement concerning aftermarket availability of parts for the GenI. The 351 has been around for a lot longer than the sc'd 5.4. There is all kinds of aftermarket stuff out there for the Windsors, you just have to look beyond the small block Chevy crap.

</font>

I agree Chris, having sold performance parts for years, the Windsor style Ford SB IS the modern day SB Chev as far as parts availability.... want a 347?? go buy one
smile.gif
ahahah.. tons of GOOD stuff out there.. I ALWAYS come up on 5.0 Mustangs and Gen 1 L's lookin and listening for the telltale signs of a well done one.. that way I can just move along and not make a moron outta my RT
smile.gif

Danno

------------------
98 DA CC R/T
13.08 @ 103.37
Sigpic.jpg

I think you guys miss understood me... I was saying that Aftermarket Parts for the 351W are all over the Place much more so then the 5.4Mod motor.
"aftermarket is pretty good(much better FOR the gen1)"

------------------
KeepTruckin!
Tim C
99 SYRC R/T:13.86@100mph! N/A 294RWHP
96 Stang GT:14.8@91
95 1200XLCustom:?@??
If ya Cant Beatum, better go back to the Speedshop!

Don't Flame me but Chevy did have a truck that was supposed to compete with the L's it was called the 350SS Supercharged and apparently had more hp and torque. One of the truck magazines compared the sport trucks. I cant remember who but the article had the R/T, L, the SS, and I can't remember if anything else. From what the reviews said it was better in 1/4 handled better and was better in every category. but then Good Old Chevy decides to scrap it. If you are looking for competion from Chevy look for a Chevy thunder. http://www.gmperformancecenter.com/silver.html

[This message has been edited by Quick96 (edited 07-17-2001).]

Back