Upgrades for #772

Thanks bud! Yes. Most definitely an intermediate step. Until I get more time to layout and build the turbo set up, probably next year. Nothing worse than leaving a new built Camaro off the line to see him pull around you at the 1/8 mile mark…lol. This will fix that.. hopefully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great!! And I am very positive it will take care of that "Camaro" problem!!

Thanks guys! Appreciate it!

Install this weekend then tuning the boost spectrum of the VE table.

Hope it goes well for ya!
Intercooler next?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure on the intercooler, I may wait until the turbo install.

Installed it over the weekend. Took it out for the maiden voyage. Saw 6psi of boost before I heard a spark knock and let off. Got to change the plugs.

Wondering how many heat ranges colder so I need to run. Currently running Autolite 3924’s.

Also, what’s a good starting point for tuning retard per psi of boost? My table is currently set to pull about 1° per psi.

bc53d6ea7ac7d9517049b65ab54dbe74.jpg

Not sure on the intercooler, I may wait until the turbo install.

Installed it over the weekend. Took it out for the maiden voyage. Saw 6psi of boost before I heard a spark knock and let off. Got to change the plugs.

Wondering how many heat ranges colder so I need to run. Currently running Autolite 3924’s.

Also, what’s a good starting point for tuning retard per psi of boost? My table is currently set to pull about 1° per psi.

bc53d6ea7ac7d9517049b65ab54dbe74.jpg

Post up your spark table. I would assume you could run about 20 degrees total at 6 psi. That should be real safe too.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Derrick,
looks like by the table at 150kpa(6psi) its around 25*.
View attachment 40136

Two things, 1. you need to know what your A/F is 2. All EFI systems interpolate between cells so as you move from 100 to 150 KPA your timing will be somewhere between the two rows so 32 decreasing towards 26 for example. Datalog is paramount

Two things, 1. you need to know what your A/F is 2. All EFI systems interpolate between cells so as you move from 100 to 150 KPA your timing will be somewhere between the two rows so 32 decreasing towards 26 for example. Datalog is paramount

I'm getting it man...lol. Wife had dinner ready. And you know how that goes. Got an error just now trying to post it. Is the file type(.mlg) approved for this thread?

Last edited:
Yes need a log but in mean time I'm gonna say you don't need much cooler plug for only 6 psi. Log will tell us exactly what A/F and spark is when it knocks. Based on what you are telling us though I'm gonna say it has a little too much timing in it.

I'm getting it man...lol. Wife had dinner ready. And you know how that goes. Got an error just now trying to post it. Is the file type(.mlg) approved for this thread?

Cool :) Let me check on the file type

The more I think about it I am hesitant to add ,mlg as those files can be really really big. Do you have Dropbox, Google Docs, or OneDrive?

Yes need a log but in mean time I'm gonna say you don't need much cooler plug for only 6 psi. Log will tell us exactly what A/F and spark is when it knocks. Based on what you are telling us though I'm gonna say it has a little too much timing in it.

It’s capable of 18psi from what I’ve read through the archives last night. Current pulley set up is 8” crank and I think 2.95 upper. So somewhere around 12psi-14psi. I’m just letting out of it at the knock which is about 45%tps and 4200 rpm. Also it’s too rich from what I’m reading. In the 10.5 range in boost.

The more I think about it I am hesitant to add ,mlg as those files can be really really big. Do you have Dropbox, Google Docs, or OneDrive?

I understand. I think I’ve got OneDrive. I remember sending you a log a while back Ray, but I think I may have emailed it.

Also need your air charge temperatures. That has a big impact on how much timing you can run.

I personally wouldn't even contemplate anything above 10 psi without an intercooler.

That's why I said "I personally wouldn't"! I know other people have been more successful and the PxS is a whole different ballgame when it comes to tuning, but I have a collection of blown head gaskets from my non intercooled blower days!

[Edit] Oh, and a busted piston! But that was a screw up on my part. I jacked the base timing up and forgot to turn the retard up to match.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Back