SVT is GONE!

Is SVT RIP? Ford says no

Ford says its not dead. who reads autoweek? its right on the autoweek site. Maybe there is a light?

"But will we see SVT-branded performance products in the future that rival those from the brand’s short but storied past? “There’s equity in that name and we want to use it,” says Cain."

Okay, but don’t get upset if we mark the calendar and check back in another 12 months or so.
are links ok on this forum? if not sorry go ahead and edit it.
heres the story.
http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060320/FREE/60320003/1024

I cant believe SVT stayed around as long as they did. I have never bought into the fact that the 03' or '04 Cobras had an affect of boosting sales for other mustangs (V6 or GT).
I believe that the Gen2 cost Ford so much money, there was no profit or return. The cost of training mechanics at SVT certified dealerships, the number of endless warranty claims had to be huge. The concept was beautiful. True vision on some very involved Ford employee/enthusiasts, but doomed from the beginning as proven.
When profits are down, the stuff that didn't pencil gets the hook.
Thankyou for 6 years of Gen2's, though. I think it will be destined to be a collector. Even with soaring fuel costs, would be an excellant time to pick up a low miler Gen2 at a killer price and enjoy, I dont think a person could go wrong right now.
Steve

I hope SVT doesn't on board bring shelby on board with the new truck or it maybe this expedition concept they had a sema 2004 with I thought was really ugly

Back