Silver Dollar Raceway

dlightnin

04' Sonic Blue L
Anyone want to g2g for some fun. Friday night test and tune 7 to 11. $20
Saturday night test and tune guess 7 to 11 $25.
Not sure about Saturday times and fee.
silverdollarraceway.com go to news section.

I know i dont have many mods (K&N CAI, 2.73 Motoblue upper) and I am a noob but just lookin for some fun.

Last edited:
Anyone want to g2g for some fun. Friday night test and tune 7 to 11. $20
Saturday night test and tune guess 7 to 11 $25.
Not sure about Saturday times and fee.
silverdollarraceway.com go to news section.

I know i dont have many mods (K&N CAI, 2.73 Motoblue upper) and I am a noob but just lookin for some fun.

You have an advantage....Byron is only...35? min away from SDR. Most, but not all, of us are nearly 2 hours away :(

yeah its 2hr 43 min. and 145 miles one way for me. with gas so damn high its not something that i can afford to do at this time.

It's alright guys i went over there with some friends and had some fun. I thought there were some L owners closer like warner robins or macon that would be interested, guess they dont come on here much or are on other sites.

I think USAF_eagle is from Warner Robins. He bought my WMS engine, so I dont know if his truck is down right now or not. I know bob...fade to black....goes out there sometimes too.

I'll do that. I haven't been out there since but ended up not takin the L.
I'm gonna try and get out there on July 11 if your interested.
*Disclaimer* I am a noob to drag racing. You have been warned.
That way I'll only have a quarter tank and maybe my predator by then, but I'll probably leave the hitch and spare on.
What mods do you have?

I have a 4lb lower, JLT cai, SCT Xcal2, Hotchkis 2\4 kit, Precision Industries converter, built trans, FTVB, Magnaflow catback,and a LFP tb on the way. Thats it for now, until I get paid that is.

My business partner and I will probably be at Reynolds the 11th, he will be running his 92 ssp notch but I will probably be in my mostly stock SVO. I havent been to the track in it yet. Need to see what it runs. Hopefully there will be a few L's there running though.

I know it's off topic, but can you guys recommend a good tuner around here?
The only ones I know of are in or around Atlanta, but I don't want to go that far if I can help it, but will if I have to.

Atlanta is the only place to go. Unless you know Brian Anderson. I think he charges $450 for the tune and time. He has his own dyno, at his house if you can believe it. I dont know what kind of tuning software he uses, but he is really good. He won the King of the Dyno last year in his Rambler(yeah I said Rambler). He said it was turned down but I think he made 1600 hp or something like that. He was in a Hot Rod mag a few months ago. Ask around, someone can get in touch with him.

Anyone know what type helmet you need out there?
Does it have to be snell approved?
I have an open face Bell and a dirt bike helmet that I use for riding my atv is that ok?

14.00 or faster requires pants i think. Any helmet will work, but a snell approved is always better. Its your head protect it well!:eek:ldtu:

Just called the track and they told me it is closed due to rain. Do you guys want to go tomorrow or next weekend? Hopefully it won't rain then.

Next weekend would be better for me. I'm waiting on parts and my helmet should be in by then. If not they should be open today around 3pm.

Not sure on the helmet, I used to take my old Cobra mustang out there. I always used a motorcycle helmet, seems to be what most people use. You only need the helmet if you run 13.99 or faster.

Back