Sal !!!!!!!

J

JERRY HART

Have you determined the cutoff for pro and street for 2002 WFC5.
Just curious how much faster I have to get her going.
Thanks
Jerry

------------------
J MAN
2000 SILVER
MANY MODS
BEST ET 12.29 @ 109.49
President Of The National Lightning Owners Club #683

Jerry~
If you could lay down times like in you sig you would be considered in pro! The cut off has been 12.50 and slower is the street Lightning!!

Later man

------------------
Shane L.

93 black- 12.75 @ 104.45 (mine)
99 red- 13.04 @ 107 (my Dads)
94 White 25K miles (Ours)
-stock for now 15.52 @ 86mph

Jerry, very soon I will be working the lcass rules for the WFC5, and I will be surveying the members as I do every year for some input. Most likely will happen in the next few weeks, I have to see when they are going to make the rulebooks.

------------------
SAL- Power Surge Performance
www.powersurgeperformance.net
01 Lightning
99 Lightning
95 Lighnting
91 SHO Plus (can't drive Lightnings every day)

Man I bet we get 70 trucks this year LOL.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
1/8 mile 7.5s@93
Member of HARRISON MOTORSPORTS
Home of F.U.Racing(Fords Unlimited)
(AKA)Sport car killer
NLOC#495
Hungry out of work eat your IMPORT
fe3b07d0.jpg.orig.jpg

I really think maybe we need PRO to be 13 and faster.We had alot of guys thinking they could run alot better than that and when they got to the track they couldnt run the number.

------------------
Marcus Harrison
1/8 mile 7.5s@93
(AKA)Sport car killer
NLOC#495
fe3b07d0.jpg.orig.jpg

I agree 12.99 and faster for Pro and 13.00 and slower for Street.

------------------
Chuck P
1993#3951 (24k miles, mod'ed and lots of custom parts)
NLOC#138
MiLOC#10
0138_1_t.jpg

00 Focus ZX3
99 GT conv
91 GT (race/show car- in hibernation)

Maybe one day we can have a heads up class again.Maybe call it true street Lightning and take a 30 mile cruise etc...

I like the heads up idea. I know its not a reality but it would be cool to drive 30 miles and lay the Smack Down with a 7 second pass.......ooo....its true
jason

Just my .02, but I think Pro should be 11.99 and faster.

------------------
Thanks,
Raymond
Performance Specialties
01 Cobra
95 Lightning (lots O' mods faster than the Cobra)

Man Jason that would kick some Butt,drive your truck like that and then lay the smack down oh yea.
I just hate ET racing it SUCKS BIG TIME

------------------
Marcus Harrison
1/8 mile 7.5s@93
(AKA)Sport car killer
NLOC#495
fe3b07d0.jpg.orig.jpg

I agree with Raymond 11.99 and faster for pro

Jerry

------------------
Black 94 #555
NLOC #692
Team Powerdyne
12.53@107.7
412.5 rwhp
500 rwtq
launch.jpg

mailto:gjls@home.comgjls@home.com</A>

I agree, 12.99 and faster go pro unless you want to make it on a pro tree! Then I'll stick to street, or wish the bracket would be like Raymond said with 11.99 and quciker!

Main reason, is its hard to foot break on a pro tree if not everyone is is foot breaking! Tranny breaks are a big advantage for reaction time!

My 0.02 worth!

------------------
Shane L.

93 black- 12.75 @ 104.45 (mine)
94 White 26K miles (Ours)
-stock for now 15.42 @ 87mph

12.99 and faster for Pro. That's what I wanted last year, too. Everyone told me I was nuts and that there would be SOOOO many Gen 2s running in the 11s by then.

How many trucks last year would've been in Pro if it were 11.99? One. Uno.

If it were up to me, I'd overlap the classes. Make it 12.00 and slower for street and 12.99 and faster for Pro. That way the guys in the 12s can decide which way they want to go. Make Pro class Pro tree and Street class a normal Sportsman tree.

All just my nickle, of course.
smile.gif

I add my two bits...

Pro Lightning should be 12.99 and quicker, run on a .400 Pro tree.
There are alot of trucks that are in the 12 second range, but not deep in the 12s to make it a 12.5 like last year.

Street Lightning should be 13.00 and slower run on a .500 Sportsman tree, not a .400 like last year.

If the cut is made at 13, there will be more trucks in the Pro class, other than a couple that only have to make a qualifying pass to take home the money. I can't tell you how exciting it was to watch one truck make a bye-run into the finals last year because there was not anyone to race.

------------------
John
usaflag.gif

Hey guys let say you dont have a roll cage in your truck.What if you go to WFC and on one of your time runs you run a say a low 10 will you be DQed from the race or be asked not to run faster than 12.0?

------------------
Marcus Harrison
1/8 mile 7.5s@93
(AKA)Sport car killer
NLOC#495
fe3b07d0.jpg.orig.jpg

Yep Marucus, unfortunately I believe so! I'm pretty sure NMRA uses NHRA rules! Just put a cage in it this winter!

------------------
Shane L.

93 black- 12.63 @ 105.61 (mine)
94 White 27K miles (Ours)
15.15 @ 87mph
91 Mustang LX coupe
-No motor, its slow!! LOL

Heh Marcus
smile.gif
Somehow methinks the track guys wouldn't ask..... Rather they would yell at you for running those numbers and not having a cage. They would look like this --->
eek.gif

------------------
Thanks,
Raymond
Performance Specialties
01 Cobra
95 Lightning (lots O' mods faster than the Cobra)

My two Cents,
I feel the Rules for Pro Lightning should be like this.(.400) Pro Tree like always & 11.99 & Down.. Pro Lightning is suppost to be the BADDEST Lightnings on the planet NOT a 2001 L with Underdrive Pulleys & Slicks & Chip running 12.80's...That is NOT Pro Lightning...This is STREET LIGHTNING... We need PRO L to have more 10 second - 9 second Trucks this year so that we won't even have to discuss this issue ever again... I would even like racing straight Heads-Up in this class again even if the winner has already been determined, Jason Brown...Hehehe

Ralph Voorhees Jr.
Red 93'
383 Stroker
Big Thumper Turbo
Goal: 9.0's
"The Beast"

Originally posted by Lightning Ralph:
My two Cents,
I would even like racing straight Heads-Up in this class again even if the winner has already been determined, Jason Brown...Hehehe

LOL, I would have to argue with you there Ralph. I have been in the other lane with that bad red demon coming at me at the other end. There is no other feeling in the world than to get a 7 second head start on a man, and see him next to you at the finish line. Just F'N awesome!!! The only problem is, I know this is gonna cause a ruckus, what about us NLOC longstanders that DONT have a true L? I can run with, or outrun, a lot of the members on here. Would I be considered eligible to run in "Street Lightning"?
It is an F150 with an L engine, it just has a little more cab and the flared fenders!
smile.gif

Later
Wayne Foy
1994 Flareside L powered
NLOC #484

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by FMOS Racing:
...If it were up to me, I'd overlap the classes. Make it 12.00 and slower for street and 12.99 and faster for Pro. That way the guys in the 12s can decide which way they want to go. Make Pro class Pro tree and Street class a normal Sportsman tree.
</font>

YEAH! What he said!

[This message has been edited by roger (edited 11-04-2001).]

Back