Repop Tube Bumper

@Kramer
Where are you located? I have 4 in production at the moment with no ball holes, hoping to have plastic end caps on 2 of them. I only spray paint them so they don’t rust up so they would need painted.

A ball hole would not handle any weight at all hardly. I have a factory ford receiver hitch off my 95 but I won't ship it.

A ball hole would not handle any weight at all hardly. I have a factory ford receiver hitch off my 95 but I won't ship it.

Very true.....Probably still be able to install a receiver on it depending on how this bumper mounts to the frame.....

Receivers mount to the bottom of the frame, so no issues at all. There are dozens of those on the market and they're all waaaaaay better than a bumper hole.

A ball on the bumper is OK if you're hauling a light utility trailer with a washer and dryer on it once in a while and you're on a budget.

Receivers mount to the bottom of the frame, so no issues at all. There are dozens of those on the market and they're all waaaaaay better than a bumper hole.

A ball on the bumper is OK if you're hauling a light utility trailer with a washer and dryer on it once in a while and you're on a budget.

Thanks, I fully understand that receivers are way better.....My original concern was if a receiver could be mounted along with this bumper and that they did NOT interfere with one another. Now that I know they wont, it is receiver all the way!!

Thanks, I fully understand that receivers are way better.....My original concern was if a receiver could be mounted along with this bumper and that they did NOT interfere with one another. Now that I know they wont, it is receiver all the way!!

Curt V5 is what I have seen under the tube bumper trucks. I even snapped a pic of the tag off the last truck I saw with it.

Looking great! I'm still trying to decide if I want solid metal ends or plastic caps.....I'm currently chasing a fuel pump power issue that I cannot seem to figure out at the moment.
I definitely want one. Are you shipping, or have looked into shipping costs? I will be in Dallas this week on Vacation.

Looking great! I'm still trying to decide if I want solid metal ends or plastic caps.....I'm currently chasing a fuel pump power issue that I cannot seem to figure out at the moment.
I definitely want one. Are you shipping, or have looked into shipping costs? I will be in Dallas this week on Vacation.

Thanks y'all,
I did some shipping quotes, even with a "free" crate from my now former employer it was just not cost effective (at least to Cali). Most of my freight contacts have moved on from the industry, I used to get very HEAVY discounts with SAIA and Old Dominion so paying $450+ to ship a crate is absurd to me. I am going back on the road for work in various states with and will revisit building these later in 2022 when I can easily do so.

I currently have 2 plastic capped available. I go back n forth on which I like better, plastic cap gives it a better look IMO unless you have a very precise prep and paint job.

Thanks y'all,
I did some shipping quotes, even with a "free" crate from my now former employer it was just not cost effective (at least to Cali). Most of my freight contacts have moved on from the industry, I used to get very HEAVY discounts with SAIA and Old Dominion so paying $450+ to ship a crate is absurd to me. I am going back on the road for work in various states with and will revisit building these later in 2022 when I can easily do so.

I currently have 2 plastic capped available. I go back n forth on which I like better, plastic cap gives it a better look IMO unless you have a very precise prep and paint job.
Fastenal had some pretty reasonable prices shipping from store to store Public allowed to use them

Are you still making these tube bumpers?
Sorry man. I made my batches, covered the costs of the ones I wanted to keep for my stash.

The killer for me was that the costs just kept increasing and it’s a hard sale because many want one painted for $800. If I was south of the border I could have kept on and probably had them painted for the same price.

I may revisit in a few years when I have some more spare time.

Back