Project Bling - Installed

Brian K

Everyone,

A few updated pics. Unit is installed and ready for tuning & racing.

whip3.jpg

whip4.jpg

Jumbo sized.....

Stay tuned for updates (numbers)

i had to edit this post do to putting other thread pics and relized it is your truck in the other pics and it is a 3.4 nice man and your the first in NOVA with a 3.4 and hopfully all be the 2nd.

also what did you do with your old blower? was it a KB or whipple 2.3?

Last edited:
Spencer,

Its looking clean and mean!! Thanks

Not sure of all the work details. I can tell you that Jim did the install himself. He also has the IAC in the whipple provided position with no interference.

I think his goal is always to have things as stock as stock can be. So he will go out of his way to keep things looking factory.

He's did a good job so far. Now we just need results!! :cool:

No updates yet.......

I had hope to have some results to report, however, it just hasn't happened.

I will be visiting NJ in 2 weeks, so if not before, I should have some data then.

I've been working long hours and it appears no end in site.....

I will report in as soon as I got some results.

Spencer and everyone,

Just a quick update. Ive been buring the midnight oil to get my PMP certification and as of yesterday, its done! So, my next task is to get back in the truck and get things back up. Until yesterday, I really haven't been in a hurry, but now................

Anyway, the update:

As most have encountered with the 3.4, you gotta solve the fuel system problems if you want the big #s. The stock rails and 60s were good until 720-ish rwhp. Its time to move to larger injectors, aftermarket rails and a 8AN line from the rail to the tank. JDM is working on it as they have other vehicles in need of the same solution. Work is ongoing to solve MAF issues too as the old SCT2800 is going run outta room very, very soon.

Unfortunately, thats all I got as of today. Hopefully soon I can have detailed info and some pics.

BK Cruise and HoOters coming soon!!! :drinkburp

I have been following your 3.4 project to see how much is needed to make the upgrade worthwhile. Since yours is a street truck at near full weight, it is very similar to mine.
I will go with a bigger(or additional) power adder next year. Whether it is a 3.4, a centrifugal, or turbo setup(maybe compound boosted) remains to be determined. Good luck extracting the power! Thank you for the updates.:eek:ldtu:
Jim

Last edited:
Back