Official: Newest SVT truck is the RAPTOR

Well I guess I'll be stripping my truck of anything that has svt on it...I dont want to be assoiated with that stupid pos. It's fugly and the most useless thing to ever roll out of a dealership with the SVT ensignia. I cant believe that with the way the economy has been that ford or even SVT would ok something like this

This is exactly why Ford is in the financial trouble they are facing today. Just to think of all the $$ that was blown on R&D for this stupid thing. This will def not have the impact that the L had to turn around the sales failure they were dealing with when the Gen 1's came out. Hopefully a Gen3 is on the way.. Why in the HE!! does it take a rocket scientist to figure out that there is plenty of enthusiasm for a Gen3?

A new lightning it is not, but its not a p.o.s either!!I would like to see a 3rd gen lightning too but I think it will be at least a few years if ever!!!I think its a great truck you just have to be into the 4x4 thing.I would like to know if the 6.2L is set in stone as to comeing out later or is it going to be killed off befor it is out.

nobody with a truck that nice is gonna wanna take out in the woods or "wheelin" or whatever.. And by nice i mean its new and expensive.. i still think its an ugly waste.

booo

Last edited:
I guess Ford wanted to go for a different crowd with the offroad theme.

I ended up buying a 2008 awd, 4.6L Adrenalin , the truck looks awesome and the power is fine. Best of all I am ready for the snow with AWD.
As for now its alittle new for many aftermarket mods. But the time will come. I got the class III towing so now I jsut need to find the right trailer for the Lightning.

As for the SVT Raptor, Ford seems to have gone in a whole different direction than what I was looking for.

I love the looks of the Adrenalin, and the power potential is there.
TWOTRUKS.JPG

Worthless vehicle IMO. There are no deserts around here. Where does ford come off with this? Who gives a rats tail about baja racing anyway? :bm:

I just saw one of these-Oh wait that was something that looks like it in my toilet. Looks like POOOO and worthless.:2cents:

The Adrenaline is what Ford SHOULD HAVE CONTINUED on instead of trying to appeal to the Pikes Peak Club. I would sell my Gen2 in a blink of an eyelash if the Adrenaline had some power.

Fricking Ford.. Seriously.. What the hell are you guys smoking over there? :headscratch:

I hate it. I mean, who needs a truck like that in today's world. Perhaps if I lived in Dubai... and rode around in the sand a whole bunch. I'm sure it'll be very appealing to trail guides in Africa, the millions of Americans that live out west where they can go riding in the open country legally.
But what ever happened to a powerful truck that we could use on the street, that had performance in mind? The GEN3 Concept was the best thing F*rd had going for them and then they scrapped it for God only knows what REAL reason.
With what's going on with "The Big 3" these days, I highly doubt that they'll actually market a performance vehicle in the first place.
I'll stick to rebuilding my Gen2 until the frame and body rots out before I go and buy that creature shown here.
:bm::flamed::angry:
Honestly, I can't believe that some design team was even paid to come up with such a thing for today's driver.
Roush, Seleen, or Shelby needs to just put some good suspension add ons to the Adranaline, widen the tires, and drop a 3 or 4V 5.4L aluminum GT engine in there with one of their SC's and a re-designed intercooler, and sell it with huge production numbers @ a low profit margin. It'd have Gen2 drivers selling their trucks left and right. Not to mention the new customers!:clap:

I hate it. I mean, who needs a truck like that in today's world. Perhaps if I lived in Dubai... and rode around in the sand a whole bunch. I'm sure it'll be very appealing to trail guides in Africa, the millions of Americans that live out west where they can go riding in the open country legally.
But what ever happened to a powerful truck that we could use on the street, that had performance in mind? The GEN3 Concept was the best thing F*rd had going for them and then they scrapped it for God only knows what REAL reason.
With what's going on with "The Big 3" these days, I highly doubt that they'll actually market a performance vehicle in the first place.
I'll stick to rebuilding my Gen2 until the frame and body rots out before I go and buy that creature shown here.
Honestly, I can't believe that some design team was even paid to come up with such a thing for today's driver.
Roush, Seleen, or Shelby needs to just put some good suspension add ons to the Adranaline, widen the tires, and drop a 3 or 4V 5.4L aluminum GT engine in there with one of their SC's and a re-designed intercooler, and sell it with huge production numbers @ a low profit margin. It'd have Gen2 drivers selling their trucks left and right. Not to mention the new customers!:clap:

Exactly!!!:bm:

Like you say with what the current state of affairs are with the domestic market, I think until they can get back on thir feet, all performance vehicles will die, hope I'm wrong, unless they are penciling out at this time. One day I think the Lightning market could be lucrative, but for that to happen there needs to be a lean decade like the 70's to happen. If the performance vehicle dies it will be too bad, I like the idea of the 565hp Cadillac, SRT8,Shelby, ZR1 corvettes.

As some of you know, I am a detailer for some high end clients. I was hired by Ford to detail all of their cars at SEMA this year. One of the first evenings, I got to detail this Raptor while no one else was around. It was under cover while everyone was there setting up their booths, and after everyone left, Ford uncovered it and let me have at it.

It's a pretty tight truck. Not my cup of tea, but well built. I was able to go over every nook and cranny of this truck with no one else around, and was able to really check it out thoroughly. If you're into the off road scene, then this would be a nice truck, but it's not a performance truck like we've all seen in the past with the Lightnings. One other perk of this truck is that Ford is going to offer all of the Raptor parts for sale. Meaning, you can convert all or part of your truck into a Raptor.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw my $0.02 in here ;) It's a good truck, just not for the street/track performance comunity. I think Ford is changing directions a bit.

Nick

Dang, mass haters here. I bet for every 1 person who thinks the Raptor sucks, I can find an equal number of those think the Lightning is just as worthless.

What good's a truck that costs 10-15 more but can't tow as much and barely haul half ton while only being limited to maybe 3 people in the cab? :eek:ldtu:

Could this thing be slammed,dropped or kicked down. Then it might be worth investigating.:scared1: One picture shows the front end as
being driven.

Last edited:
svt raptor

i used to have a 03 lightning full modded with all the performance part that you can think my lightning had it, but was a peace of crap. it never ran well never lower my 12.9 at the 1/4 mile, never got the AFR that i wanted 14.8 all the time. i was not happy with my lightning until i sold it in about 20,000 and got it in about 35 brand new i invest 60 grant on it as getting jdm long block, 2.3 KB. BTS tranny whatever you think about i invest on it.
so i will be happy to get a SVT RAPTOR for off road use
lightning sucks

Back