Official: Newest SVT truck is the RAPTOR

i used to have a 03 lightning full modded with all the performance part that you can think my lightning had it, but was a peace of crap. it never ran well never lower my 12.9 at the 1/4 mile, never got the AFR that i wanted 14.8 all the time. i was not happy with my lightning until i sold it in about 20,000 and got it in about 35 brand new i invest 60 grant on it as getting jdm long block, 2.3 KB. BTS tranny whatever you think about i invest on it.
so i will be happy to get a SVT RAPTOR for off road use
lightning sucks

Now that is a war story.:scared1:
Sounds like you threw a lot of money at it, did you give up too soon? Sometimes it is time consuming and painful to get it all to come together properly.

I think the Raptor has a lot of potential. When they are available with the 6.2L, I will look seriously at trading my L for one.

Why not someone pick up a 6.2 Raptor. Drop it, and make it what it truly should be? :cool:

Now that would catch some attention and with such a popularity with the lightnings currently, the chances of someone doing it will probally be a most likely and probally very soon :eek:ldtu: In my honest opinion. I just cant wait to see it!

You're all just mad because its built like a trophy truck that could drive up and over a lightning, hahahaha.

I wonder if they'll honor your warranty if you've been out baja'ing it...

Its seems like ford is trying to make a titan/frontier to me... Cant stand the bodywork as with almost all ford trucks since 97 (plastic body accents, and hideous euro style brake/headlight lenses). I however, think its about f*cking time a truck came with 35's, a decent amount of travel, and some real shocks. I wish my Bronco would have been built with that kind of suspension and tires.

I like it. Not liek the last generation lightning but at least its a truck from SVT. I cant wait to pick up a used one after someone takes the hit lol

Joe

Saw one in person at the all ford nationals in carlise PA it has some potential but the decals and grill need to go IMO.

I bet all you real serious engine modders might just love this engine, the 6.2. It sounds like its startin with a real good base, starting with more horses than the even the 01-04 gen 2 lightnings started with, naturally aspirated too. Now, I would like to consider myself a prerunner guy, and although the truck isn't really "baja" enough for me (needs more travel, more power, etc.) it definitely at least has to get you guys excited that a large starting horsepower engine 6.2 is even coming out amidst all these tightening emission and gas price times. i am, are you guys?

And above all, I'm just stoked Ford isn't going BK and being run by the government and forced to produce little sissy lookin European cars. And don't forget that annoying law or bill(not sure where is at) that all vehicles need to make 35 or better mpg. yeah, so i hope this engine will become one of Fords reputable engines. Best of Luck to Ford... they need it

the raptor has been fairly well recieved in the off road racing community. even by the brand x racers. i like the fact that ford is active in any kind of race development. lightning street purists prolly won't like the thing but like us desert racing guys say, " pavement is what you have to drive on to get to the dirt".

Worthless vehicle IMO. There are no deserts around here. Where does ford come off with this? Who gives a rats tail about baja racing anyway? :bm:
all kinds of folks. ex and current open wheel drivers [rick and roger mears, parnelli jones, mickey thompson,mario andretti, jimmy vasser, paul tracey,sebastian bourdoise [F-1], danny sullivan and robby gordon of course]. current nascar drivers [gordon, casey mears, brendon gaughn, new comers brian ickler and justin lofton]. kyle busch, tony stewart and even junior and others have shown interest in racing trophy trucks.last but not least, current thre time nascar sprint cup champion jimmie johnson who grew up down the street from me in el cajon, ca cut his teeth in the desert. and an absolutely huge group of folks that DO have the desert at least for now for recreation in ALL the western states including california, nevada, arizona, texas and new mexico and even up in the pacific northwest in eastern oregon and washington. not to be left out are the current short course racers with a strong base in the northern part of the country. look, we desert racers don't bad mouth the circle track or quarter mile enthusiasts as easy as it is for us with those venues as boring as they are so what the h-ll is your problem? don't knock what you don't understand . if going down broadway or main street on saturday night parading back and forth showing off for the girlies or 11 second quarter mile jaunts are your thing then maybe you should come out west and put your truck to work and find out what 's up. betcha i could change your mind with a little 100 mph cruise through a whoop section in my lightning prerun truck. if you've got the sack.

Last edited:
Well i saw one going down the road today and loved it. Im not a off road person myself, but the stance of this thing is awsome.

And above all, I'm just stoked Ford isn't going BK and being run by the government and forced to produce little sissy lookin European cars. And don't forget that annoying law or bill(not sure where is at) that all vehicles need to make 35 or better mpg. yeah, so i hope this engine will become one of Fords reputable engines. Best of Luck to Ford... they need it

I'd love to see that bill actually succeed (sarcasm).

Actually it will succeed. Except the only people that will be ****ed in the end will be you and me. The prices of hybrids and electric cars will balance out with the price of everything else, but not because they'll go down. Just everything else will go up in price to make up for the fed penalties when their cars don't meet the 35mpg requirement. Its just one more way for our nice bloated deceptive ever growing government to suck even more money out of us. They'll tax us two or three times over, and then drive the price of everything up, plus penalize the people who we buy products from. Then they'll scream financial crisis and we'll all bend over and take it because well like obama said, thats the patriotic thing to do right? :hh:

Back on topic though, I hope to have both a Lightning AND a 6.2 Raptor :)

Doesn't get any better than this!
DSCN1683.jpg

Back