Number of owners of a Lightning Pickup.

I knew I was rolling the dice on this truck. The main issue I have is the alignment problem, I aligned the truck before and after replacing the idler arm. I have a front end machine and the alignment did help quite a bit. I haven't put new tires on it since I aligned it, I'm trying to extract my money or as much wear out of these tires. The alignment was difficult because of it having 20 inch wheels. I had to pull the wheels every time I made an adjustment. Once 20 inch tires wear a certain way, they don't track as they should and I knew that to begin with. the Truck was repainted at some point in time and the puzzling part of that is everything was repainted except the tailgate. I'm not sure if that color Red is the factory color. I don't believe it is. I wanted a Lightning Truck come hell or high water. I made a mistake by not doing a thorough check on the History of this Truck. I have to say I like this Truck and doesn't matter what people say or think, in the final analysis, it's me who has to be satisfied. i like the color of the Truck better than the Factory Reds I have seen. I talked to a Salesperson at the Dealership today and told her about some discrepancies and She is supposed to present them with this information. They called me, it's kind of ironic, me talking about this today and I don't know if anything positive will result from this, but maybe they can help me unravel part of the History of this Truck. Thanks.

2ND owner...

As for your dillema what are you expecting the dealer to do? You purchased the truck and have since worked on it. There not Liable for anything. If spring hangers have been moved and you have a tracking problem. Look into where they should be originally and put them back. But I'm positive the dealer wouldn't of done it so they can't be held accountable...

Sent from my HTC_0P6B using Tapatalk

I've owned my 2002 since new, so it's a 1 owner... The amount of owners is a VERY important thing I'd look at when buying a used Vehicle, the more people the more issues usually. Everyone drives different, and some people just beat the heck out of vehicles knowing there not going to keep it long..

I am the 10th owner of my 2000 L. A lot of issues and 170k miles but (knock wood) nothing major. I got it fairly cheap, for a Lightning. I waited 18 years to be able to get one. I will be the LAST owner of this one.

My Lightning is a 2004. I bought it in 2009. I am the second owner. I have a notebook full of receipts from the original owner, all the way back to the purchase, plus receipts for maintenance and mods. It was very nice to buy a vehicle with this kind of documentation. I was surprised to see it when I bought the vehicle. It was bought from a local dealer spur-of-the-moment, and there, sitting on the floor was this giant notebook. Included was the SVT certificate and the window stickers. ;-)

I am 3RD. owner. In that time over 1800,00 mi. has been put on it. you can sometimes find out how many owners by buying a Carfax report

I'm the second owner, Bought it with 12000 miles now it has a tick over 150000. Step son ran it low of oil and kicked a rod out. Just about ready to put it back in the truck with a few High Performance mods:D

I'm the second owner, Bought it with 12000 miles now it has a tick over 150000. Step son ran it low of oil and kicked a rod out. Just about ready to put it back in the truck with a few High Performance mods:D

Never let anyone else drive your L. Shoot, any vehicle. Sister drove my 98 Ranger for four years. Never changed the oil, never cleaned or washed it, inside or out. Put 40,000 miles on the truck in four years on the same oil, GRRRRR!!!!!! Relatives are very hard on your vehicles.

I'm the 6th owner of my 2001, I got a Carfax for my car, learned a lot of what went on with it, some real surprises.

Well, the 2004 I have owned since late 2009 had one previous owner. I know this because I got a notebook full of receipts when I bought it. Included were the windshield stickers and the SVT certificate. He had it for five years. I've had it for nine. He put 35,000 miles on it, I've put 30,000.

My 93 shows 3 on paper but I'm truthfully number 2. SC showed it registered to the dealership it was traded in to as the second owner. Either way met the original owner and the dealer. Bought it OCT 2017 at 131k just rolled 147k. Its my daily.

Not sure if posted this earlier

I was 2nd on my G1 and also 2nd on my current G2.
G1 had 360k when I bought it and 425k when sold on body anyway I rebuilt mechanical (eng/trans) at 400 k as OD left trans at that point. Motor was still strong coulda got another easy 100k out of it Im sure.

G2 I bought in 15 with 36k now has 62k on it has been mine for 32 months 6/15 buy date.
I drive it daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My current 04, I am the second owner. Had a 2000 once, bought in 2000, so I was the original owner. Have no idea what ever happened to that truck.

Oops, didn't even realize I already posted in this thread.

Back