Number of owners of a Lightning Pickup.

wincher47

Is anyone on the forum willing to tell how many people were owners of their vehicle if there were any and if not and if You would rather not, I understand. I have a 2001 Lightning and I will tell how many owners had my truck and I am thinking of launching an investigation if the place I purchased this Pickup doesn't cooperate and help me sort out the History and the people that owned it and all the details. I have some problems with it and I see it will be expensive to get it to the level of Mechanical soundness that I would be satisfied with.so, If anyone could just comment about some things about maybe number of owners and any outstanding issues I would appreciate it. I like this Truck, but I don't like the History of it. Thanks.

Every State has different laws about ownership information of a given motor vehicle. Here in New Jersey we have a Privacy Act that will not allow car dealerships or DMV agencies to give prior info of ownership of a vehicle that someone else now owns.
The closest thing you can find is on a Carfax report or Auto Check report which tells past info of a vehicle.
Good Luck!

My previous 94 I was second owner of it
Was sold new locally to me from Jordan Ford in San Antonio and it lived it entire life here.
Well ip til I sold it and the new owner recently resold it again so I am not sure if it is still around.

My G2 I biught in NH and transplanted to TX is also a 2 owner truck. I purchased from a small independent dealer in Derry NH. It was a inside in winter truck so no rust issues.
I was fortunate due to the fact I found to POs name on some papers left in the owners manual. I was able to locate him and speak to him regarding the truck its mods and its history.

If you can learn the POs name you can do a internet search and hopefully find them.

As stated most states will not give out that info.

I'm the #2 owner of my '93 Lightning. I bought my truck from Owner #1 Joe Stanley. He couldn't believe what I did to his old truck. :)

I'm the only owner of my 01.

As was said previously, every state has different laws. That said, you bought a used vehicle and most, if not all, states are buyer beware on used vehicles. There is a reason shops offer prepurchase inspections on used cars. This is something that should have been investigated before you bought and you are probably stuck with it now.

I'm the 4th owner of my 94 and have full mechanical documentation going back to # 2. I traded my 99 three years ago and its only a 2 owner. I always give buyers of my vehicles full disclosure of all documentation as I maintain a detailed spreadsheet on each one.

When the Gen 1s came out, I was broke with kids, then when the Gen2s came out, I was having an affair with a Gen 1. So I was the second owner of my Red Gen 1, The second owner of my silver Gen2 and the third owner of my White Gen 1

Hate to tell You Lightning Owners out there but I am the Seventh (7) Owner of my Truck and I have a lot of questions that I am going to try and investigate. It has been lowered with dropped upper and lower control arms and relocation of spring hanger in the very rear on the truck. It has 20 inch wheels and I have an alignment problem and that is the biggest problem and a few minor things but it was sold to me by a dealer with a wore out idler arm, so I replaced it and done an alignment on it but I don't think it's right yet. I need 2 new tires on the front but I think I will get the frame checked to see if it is out of specs. I have the Carfax report and I found out You can get the Owner's name of each owner that owned the truck for 25 dollars per owner, so, I would have to spend 150 dollars according to that. I went on an internet search and found 50 records but they want you to subscribe for a specified amount of money a year or cancel the service in 5 days but still pay a fee for that search. I haven't decided which route I will take about that yet. I just want to talk to each owner to find out the History on this truck. I think it might be good material to write a book about it. Anyway, just thought I would pass this along, I may post the ID number on this truck to see if someone may recognize it or read this and come to the conclusion they are familiar with this truck. I like the Truck but I want everything to be up to specs for me to drive it. Thanks for your help.

Buying a used performance truck especially one resold 6x previously and expecting it to be like new is crazy. The "used car dealer" I am sure had you sign the "as is" form (they all do) so they have 0 responsibility to repair the truck. You should have had it checked over before purchase or be willing to accept the fact YOU will need to spend some cash on repairs. Otherwise you should have taken a pass on it.
Yes you can run down the 6 POs and see who did what but bottom line is you bought it you own it and it is your responsibility to repair/remove or replace what ever it is you feel is wrong or not how you want it.

Back