non-lightning f150 wheels on gen1??

To answer your question the centerline of the bolt pattern does not matter for the 5x135mm stock ford wheels because they are hub centric. They use the hub of the spindle and axle to center center the wheel and all the studs do is hold the wheel on. You drill the holes bigger just so that it the holes will fit over our stud pattern. Then you use the flat style lug nuts with washers and not the acorn style. The acorn style are used only when the wheel is lug centric.

So to sum up. The technique used to put Gen 2 wheels on Gen 1 trucks should work for any wheel that has the same pilot diameter as ours.

I have done this myself on gen 2 wheels and can say that it works.

Any wheel that is hub centric using the washer style lug nuts. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aftermarket wheels that are not hubcentric using acorn style lug nuts to center the wheel is not a good candidate for the drilling method to fit 5x135 on 5x5.5"

They are hole shots...my bad I had welds on my nova...truck has DSS 393 stroker rotating assembly...edelbrock aluminum heads..Holley 750....C6 trans....haven't been to track yetimage.jpg

Back